CHAPTER 57

Harry Styles

Celia on my arms in an expensive dress looked rather flattering as we walked inside the venue where Zayn Malik's birthday party was held. The paparazzi outside got a few nice shots of us as we arrived. It was a plus-one invite so I decided to take up on the opportunity and bring someone familiar with me. It felt like old times and that was all I really needed to be able to face Kensington again.

A lot of famous faces stared back at me as I walked through the crowd but none I wanted to see. Regardless of how the conversation between Kensington and I ended a few days ago, there was still some hope in me that waited for its chance to light on fire and spread. I wanted to speak to her because as much as I wanted to outdo her business-wise, I wanted her in my life the same amount. If not more. If I had her, the fight didn't really matter.

"I'll get us a drink," Celia told me as she pressed a kiss on my cheek. She was aware of what went down between Kensington and I or at least she had some kind of idea of how there was something between us. She didn't know specifics, no one did other than the people involved and that was fine with me. I could never keep anything private anymore but it seemed like the contract never did seek any media attention.

"Alright," I nodded at her and she smiled before she disappeared from me. She was different now than she was when we got together the first time. Or even the last time. Which was at the charity event hosted by Kensington. Celia seemed much calmer and put together, determined to be more than just a casual fuck. Not necessarily with me but with anyone. She didn't have a bad reputation or anything and she was pretty much my only consistent 'girlfriend' but I knew she wanted more. Someone who treated her better than I did.

I kept my hands in my pocket as I walked around the place. It surprised me that Zayn didn't throw a birthday party at his mansion. Recent news revealed he bought a new place earlier this month. Then again, I wouldn't have wanted to fuck my new place up right away, either.

It was almost embarrassing just how much it pained me to not find Renleigh Kensington in the crowd. I looked for her like a lost child in a grocery store looking for their parents. I so badly wanted her to appear just so I could see her and calm my nerves. As big of a dick move as it was to tell her the things I did over the phone, I never would have been able to spit those words out in real life.

When I told her, I loved her took enough of my power and pride.

"I actually believed for a second that you were bluffing but it seems like you successfully snaked your way in here," there she was. Right behind me, where I couldn't see. I twirled around to face her as my heart thumped loudly in my chest from the sudden interaction.

"I would say it's great to see you but I know the feeling is not mutual," I smirked. Her burgundy cocktail dress sparkled under the lights with her brown hair straightened and shiny. She had legs for days with a pair of black Louboutins on her feet.

"You would be correct," she nodded. I watched as she looked past me and a grin spread across her lipgloss covered lips. It reminded me of Oscar's birthday party where she wore it, where she put some on my lips, where we fought, where we had sex and where we last spoke to one another. Oh, and we also argued before I fucked off to the family villa in Spain. "Liam, thank you."

I turned a little to see what was happening just to face the Liam person. He wore a printed shirt with a navy suit and brown boots, his hair short on the sides and worked up to a high quiff on the top. He passed her a martini – dirty, of course – as he smiled at her then looked at me.

"Styles, this is Liam Payne, my PA. Liam, this is... well, this is Harry Styles," she introduced us with a smile as fake as the woman's breasts chatting to her friends next to us. Not that it was a bad thing. They looked good. From what I saw from one glance. I would never stare at a woman's breast like that. Well, unless they asked me to. I wouldn't say no to that.