CHAPTER 15

Harry Styles

Something shifted in me after that run-in-incident with Kensington at the hospital. That was the second time it happened ever since the afterparty that Niall had. I tried so hard to make it go away but it just bugged me. It made me want to reach out to her and just talk to her more. The need to know her was so fucking strong that it burned me.

And kept me up at night.

It was five am. I woke up to the rain as it heavily banged on my windows. I exhaled through my mouth as I turned on my side and grabbed my phone, still plugged in to charge. The brightness almost made me go blind and even at the lowest setting it was way too strong. My thumb instantly clicked on the Mail icon and so my inbox loaded and laid out all the unread emails I had received. Right away, I went to create a new draft.

From: Harry Styles <harrystyles@styles.co.uk>

To: Renleigh Kensington <rkensington@kensingtonandco.com>

Kensington,

It's so fucking early and I don't even know why I'm emailing you. I also never swear. Not in emails, anyway. It's raining so bad and I left my car outside of the garage and so I already know I'm going to have to get it cleaned. Rich people problems, huh? I can see why people hate my kind.

"What the fuck, Harry..." I mumbled to myself as I read over the sentences and then exited the email. It saved as a draft but I didn't even care to delete it properly. "Fucking hell," I sighed after I closed my phone and hid my face in the palms of my hands.

I hated that she was the first person I wanted to text – or, well... email. Right as I woke up, she was the first person on my mind. Literally out of everyone I knew. Her. It frustrated me greatly because it was highly unlikely that the thought of me even crossed her mind at all.

Did I develop a crush on her? Because I surely fancied her. That took a hell of a lot to admit, even to myself, so I didn't want to push down and hide that feeling from myself. I didn't plan on ever telling Kensington about it, she most likely would have laughed in my face and I wouldn't have blamed her. We never really got on so for me to suddenly turn up at her work to tell her I liked her... that would be pretty fucking weird.

But so was the fact that she constantly sat on my mind. I wasn't used to being so hung up on anyone, I haven't had a proper girlfriend in ages. The last time I was in a relationship, I was still at university and let's just say, I got played. Big time. Annoyingly, I was the one to fall too hard every single time.

Example of this could be the current situation. My feelings were already stronger than hers, I already crossed a line I never knew I would. And that had to stop right then and there. She was no way in hell ever going to look at me anything other than her competition so this little crush of mine needed to be buried away.

But not after stalking the fuck out of her social media.

And man, was it a good idea... no. It fucking wasn't. Because if it did anything, it sure as hell wasn't giving me the closure I needed. It just caused my already fragile feelings to light on fire and grow into something bigger.

I always thought Kensington was hot. And I still do. But as I went through her Instagram feed, filled with selfies and many outfit photos which looked very high quality, it struck me that she was more than hot. She was gorgeous. Beautiful, even. Her eyes looked so serious and rich in colour with them being greener on some whilst on others the brown came out more. Most of the photos were of her in suits – well, more professional looks. Work trousers and a few dresses here and there. I scrolled back as far as her outfit to our date in Italy. God. She looked stunning.