CHAPTER 19

Harry Styles

Who knew a woman like Kensington would be able to surprise me day after day? I surely did not. Or maybe I just had the bar way too low on the ground. I wasn't sure.

But when she ended up agreeing to accompanying me to my cousin's birthday and I was so happy. It just meant another day out for us without anything work related. Well... technically, I tried to bribe her to come by saying my uncle's wife wanted to talk business – which I was sure would happen if Kensington decided to come – but that wasn't actually the case. My family had no idea I was going to ask her to come with me. For all I knew, they most likely expected one of my friends to come again.

That part wasn't a lie.

My family was a lot to deal with. Way too many personalities and strong opinions in one environment weren't too much fun to be around when things got out of hand but other than that, they were alright.

However, back to Kensington... with everything she did and every time we spent together, I began to like her more and more. Which was inevitable with me constantly bugging her and her never leaving my mind. It was kind of weird seeing as I haven't had a crush, or whatever the fuck people call it these days, in absolutely forever so to experience it with someone so different to me was something else. We weirdly vibed off of each other which was so much fun to see and live through, we clicked in a way I haven't done so before with anyone else and we also fought like I haven't fought with anyone else.

At least not in a while.

I liked it.

With each fight, I got a newer feel to her. A newer side which I wouldn't have ever gotten to had I not pissed her off. It worked. And yes, she may have been mad at me a lot and didn't want to open up right away, she didn't decline my moves, either. That boosted my ego and confidence greatly, it pushed me to carry on and led me to believe it was ok to go as far as asking her to come to one of my family things.

As per usual, she looked stunning when I went to pick her up. She didn't wear anything too extra – a simple pair of blue, high waisted jeans with a black long-sleeved top tucked into it then the whole outfit topped off with a pair of black high heeled boots. Her hair was down and some makeup accentuated her facial features.

She looked at me when she got in the car – she made me pick her up from her building because she still didn't want me to know where she lived – and sighed. It caused me to smirk because I knew why she gave me that reaction. She didn't know if she should have gotten a present or not and if so, then what, which I found amusing. The fact that she even wanted to get something was enough to make me like her even more. I didn't tell her that, of course.

"I still don't like the fact that I'm going empty handed," she let me know and I chuckled. She was definitely an over-worrier.

"You can hold my hand if you want," I joked. Kind of. I wouldn't have been against it if she wanted to. Then she scoffed and I knew it would never happen. Well, not any time soon, anyway. "Nah, don't worry about it. My cousin... he has literally everything he could want."

"Still. It is kind of rude to go without something."

"Alright... well," I mumbled as I opened the compartment between our seats. We stopped at a red light so it was safe to not look at the road. "I didn't write the card yet so you can come up with something and sign both of our names. Will that make you feel better?"

"Better than nothing, I guess," she sighed as she gave in. I passed her the pen and then placed my hand back on the steering wheel and moved the car. "Where is the card?"