CHAPTER 22

Renleigh Kensington

When he said he will not bother, he meant it. There was no sign of Styles once he dropped me off at my building the morning after our argument. It had been a little over a week – a day over today, actually – and he didn't show up at my work or emailed me or bothered me on social media.

And that actually bothered me a little bit. Which was truly annoying, so in order to get rid of him and all my thoughts in my head that somehow were all about him, I just did what I was best at.

I overworked myself.

I knew it because it happened before. The symptoms, I mean. I missed my period for the third month, I was losing hair a little too fast for someone my age, my appetite was basically non-existent and I began to feel weaker than usual. Although, I fought off the last one with a shit ton of coffee and energy drink.

To top everything off, I had a cold. Somehow, I managed to catch one and it resulted in a blocked nose and blocked ears.

That still didn't stop me, however. I had to attend the fitting with Zayn Malik for this new project we've been working on just to say I was there and sign some papers.

"You look like shit," he told me as a matter of fact, a little laugh out of his mouth as he sipped on his coffee.

"And you're full of it," I sniffled. "Alright. Sign this and then get out of my face."

"That's no way to speak to your client but you know what? I'll be nice, seeing as you are on your death bed," he humoured. "It's sad to see you go so soon."

"Just sign the damn paper," I said as I took my tissue out of my pocket and turned away to blow my nose.

"So, I've heard you ran into Tomlinson," he mumbled and I slowly lowered my arms and stuffed my tissue in my pocket. I raised my eyebrow curiously. How the hell did he know of that. "Don't look so shocked, sweetheart."

"How do you know of that?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?" he smirked.

"Yes, I would. So, speak before I make you work an extra five hours because I didn't like the way your hair was styled," I smiled at him and he rolled his eyes. He knew I would do it. I have done before.

"I've known him forever. Someone I know managed to let it slip how he ran into some girl with an attitude and then Styles appeared," he gave me a smirk and I wanted to slap it off. He knew stuff I didn't and it bothered me. I always wanted to know everything but I hated asking for the gossip. "Didn't know you were hooking up with your rival. But I mean that is one way of getting rid of them."

"I'm not hooking up with anyone, not that it would be any of your concern, anyway. As for that sorry excuse of a human being... baffles me that you and him are friends."

"How come?" he asked in curiosity.

"Let's just say he is not someone I would ever imagine you to hang around with."

"Good thing I'm not his friend, right?"

"You're not?"

"I went to university with him. He always had stuff on him and he was a great dealer. Then some shit went wrong and it made me realise I didn't want to be connected to someone like him. So, no, we're not friends," he explained. "My girl knows his girl and so that's how shit got to me."

"Wait," I laughed then sniffled again. I fucking hated having a cold. "His girl?"

"Oh, I know," he smirked. "I don't know how he's in a relationship. But it's been going on for over two years. Have no idea how she's dealing with him. Louis is the biggest asshole, like you said."