CHAPTER 33

Harry Styles

I could tell she surprised everyone.

She turned up in her red Lamborghini as the last of us and that made April and Ethan scoff so loudly that even if I would have tried to ignore them, it would not have been possible. I gave them both a stern look and cleared my throat as I made my way over to her. Her strong perfume instantly crawled up my nose, my curious eyes travelled up and down on her outfit which was much like the rest of ours.

I so badly wanted to lean in and kiss her to welcome her but I could tell she was on edge and therefore decided against it. She gave me the fakest smile I had ever seen on her pretty face and then I somewhat introduced her to my friends. They all nodded then walked off. Well... April and Ethan fucked off and mumbled to themselves whilst Niall, Levi and Toby gave her the benefit of the doubt, it seemed like.

Niall kind of knew her so he engaged in a conversation with her about the weather as we made our way inside.

Now, as we were on the golf course, I just watched her play. She was in her own little zone, completely focused on the game. We were all kind of scattered all over the course, April way ahead of us, closely followed by Toby, then Ethan. Niall, Levi and I kind of stuck together although Kensington never left my sight. I could tell she did not want to be around anyone for now which I – we all – had to understand, though I knew for a fact my friends just did not know how to approach her.

"So, she's into golf then?" Levi questioned me as I watched Niall get into position whereas I had a feeling, he watched her. Slowly, my eyes travelled over to Kensington, she placed the club back in her bag and grabbed it with her hands to pull it behind her.

"Yes," I nodded. "Said her parents love playing and so she knows a trick or two."

"She takes it rather seriously, doesn't she? Her focus has been on nothing but the ball."

"Yeah... she's... she either puts her all into something or not at all, you know?" I looked at my best mate who hummed and already had his eyes on me. He smiled and I raised my eyebrow at him. "What?"

"Nothing, mate," he laughed. "Alright. Well. Since everyone is elsewhere, guess I'm going to go make some friends."

He was about to walk off when I grabbed his upper arm, his bicep under the palm of my hand felt firm.

"Don't be an arse," I told him and he scoffed. "She's... don't tell her I said this, but she's shitting this. I can tell."

"I reckon we've all gathered that much," he shrugged. "Don't you worry, Styles, I won't scare your wifey off," he placed his hands on my cheeks and pulled my head closer to his, a pair of lips touched my forehead as he pressed a kiss there before he said. "See you later, my love."

"Fuck you," I hit his arse with my golf club and he placed his middle finger in the air for me.

After that, it was my turn to hit but before that happened, I watched Levi walk up to Kensington. My friend was a little taller than I am therefore he kind of towered over Kensington. She seemed surprised when she realised, she was no longer on her own, a smile creeped on her lips and she looked away when Levi said something to her.

"I didn't expect her to turn up in golf gear," Niall told me as a matter of fact. She was definitely kitted out, from her head to her toes. It was actually kind of hot.

"No one did, pal," I chuckled. A sigh escaped my lips as I looked ahead of me where April and Ethan found themselves in a conversation. "Got a feeling those two dislike her still."

"Maybe. I think they are just confused," he said. "Like, she turned up in a super car and then shyly waved at everyone? She didn't even initiate a conversation with anyone other than you. And, well, me, sort of."