CHAPTER 95

a.n. don't forget to comment and vote

• • •

Harry Styles

I had been planning this for so long. So fucking long. And it never seemed to want to work out. Something always came up for someone which made the whole plan just fall apart. I couldn't blame anyone for it, to be honest, it was mainly my fault. I thought I could make things happen from one day to another and that just wasn't realistic.

Oh, not to mention that baby Malik was literally only a baby and putting him on a plane for x amount of hours was not something his parents were okay with. He was precious, by the way. Little Thomas Jason Malik. Zayn was obsessed with the nickname they gave him, it was TJ. I had a feeling that name was going to stick on him and honestly, I don't think his parents had a problem with it. Renleigh being Renleigh, however, liked his middle name the most and she was persistent on calling him Jason.

Just based on that, I knew we would fight the most over our kids' names and it was already giving me a ball ache. I knew she was not going to accept any basic names and for some reason, I felt like she already had a list of potential ones. Whether I was going to like them or not was not going to matter but to be honest, I didn't really care. I mean, obviously, I did because they were going to be my kids as well but I was also aware of the fact that I lost every time we bet on something or we went against the other.

Regardless of that, though, when my plan of finally getting everyone who was close to us—or more so to Renleigh—together, I felt relieved. Everything was sorted and booked and I just needed to be away and relaxing for a while.

Work was tough. There were problems that needed my full attention, mostly the process of buying my father out of my business. I tried to go without asking for Renleigh's expertise on the matter but in the last second, I decided to go to her so she could read over everything one final time. She was more than happy to help, perhaps a little offended that I didn't tell her what my plans were before I got everything done. But she said it was all fine and I should be able to keep everything under control easily.

Oh, speaking of my father. I didn't talk to him for longer than I had to and when he tried to bring up how I needed to apologise to him and my mother for the way I spoke to them, it took everything in me not to say something that I knew I would regret. They treated me like shit and they were the ones who practically disowned me over something so fucking stupid so if they really thought I was ever going to apologise for anything then I hope they had all the time in the fucking world.

I had the private jet booked for ten in the morning, I thought that was an alright time, something comfortable for all of us. Oscar and Sam were meeting us at the airport with Brandon and Jane meanwhile I was the one to drive myself, Renleigh and my two siblings there with Zayn doing the same for Charlotte and TJ and my cousin was also meeting us there.

The flight was an hour and a half and our destination—it was a surprise for everyone—was an hour ahead in time. That meant we'd arrive there around half twelve, perfect time to find somewhere for lunch since I didn't think of asking the chef to cook anything.

It was just past half eight in the morning when I decided it was time to wake my girlfriend. She was out on the bed next to me, her hair everywhere. She had the quilt bunched up at her chest and I could barely see her face which made me smile. I loved waking up to her. I think I missed that more than anything. Just having her to cuddle at night and know that she is safe and sound with me made it feel like everything was right in the world.

I gently brushed her hair from her face, a few strands stuck between her chin and chest as she curled up into a ball. I caressed her skin with my thumb as I pulled the material down a bit so she could actually breathe and to see her better. When my hand moved from her face and I booped her nose, she scrunched it up and reached for my fingers then placed them back on her head.