CHAPTER 68

Renleigh Kensington

For the weekend, it very much felt like I was a mother of two plus a dog all whilst being married. I swear at some point, people did think that was the case. Which at the time didn't really bother me but now as I thought about it all, I began to just overthink the whole situation.

I was strangely convinced to tag along the whole weekend by none other than Olivia and Mason. Harry didn't seem to have a problem with it so as far as he was concerned, the final decision was up to me. At first, I was a bit wary because I knew he barely got to spend time with his siblings lately and there was no way I would have wanted to interrupt. But then all three of them gave me the puppy eyes and when two pairs of green eyes and one pair of brown eyes did that to me right until I left at ten pm on Friday, I couldn't say no.

That was how I ended up back at Harry's house on Saturday morning with McDonald's breakfast in my hands. I thought I would have trouble getting through the main gate, but the man sitting in his little box already seemed to recognise me so he let me right in. I decided to call Harry once I was outside of his door and I swear the things his sleepy look made me feel were far too much for someone like me.

My heart thumped in my chest at his sleepy eyes and messy hair, his shirt wrinkled and his pyjama bottoms slipped up on his shins. He seemed surprised that morning and I still heard the way he chuckled in my head days later.

The same day, I was further convinced by the Styles to stay the night. So, much like everyone expected it—I gave in. I stayed the night after a day of fun on Saturday. I genuinely haven't had as much fun as I did then and the following day. Since Mason and Olivia had to go back home on Sunday night, Harry decided we should cook together before they have to go and so we had a roast. It had actually been a while since I had the meal myself and it was perhaps the best I have ever had.

The goodbyes to the younger ones felt a bit bitter-sweet. They really did grow on me during the three days we spent together, maybe much more than they did before. I genuinely felt accepted by them—all three of them—and like they enjoyed being in my company. I even dare to say that I think I got more attention from Mason and Olivia than Harry did. He played fake hurt and offended but it was all clear that he wasn't serious.

Now, it was Monday morning and I was still at Harry's place. I decided to sit outside, wrapped up in just Harry's clothes. His joggers and hoodies were much more comfortable than mine. Plus, they smelled like him. And I have grown to like his scent—the mix of his washing detergent and his Tom Ford cologne was a unique pairing.

I was actually freezing my arse off outside with the hood on my head and knees pulled up to my chest. I tried to cuddle myself up into a ball as I sat on one of the sunloungers and just watched as the wind moved the water inside the swimming pool. According to Harry, it was a heated pool and that intrigued me. Believe it or not, I have not had the chance to be in one.

Dax almost fell in it at one point. Yes, the dog was out with me. He looked at me as he sat by my feet before I opened the sliding doors as he waited for me to let us out. And then when I did, he just ran around and did his business. Eventually, he came back and sat on the end of the chair since I only took up the top half of it.

We may have stayed out for an hour before we went back, the dog straight to his bed and curled up on the soft pillow. My heart felt for it so I draped the blanket that was on the floor over it then petted his head a little. He was a good dog when he didn't attack you right as he saw you.

"What are you doing down here?" I heard Harry's voice out of nowhere. It was still so deep and thick from sleep. Perhaps this was the first thing he said this morning.