CHAPTER 79

Harry Styles

I had just gotten out of a meeting in Italy when my phone vibrated and call after call came through. They were all from different people—first it was an unknown number then it was my PA trying to get in touch and then Niall. They kept calling and calling, thinking I wasn't a busy man in a middle of meetings.

Finally, I picked up Niall's call since in that moment, he was the one to ring me.

"Hey, sorry about that. I was just in a meeti-,"

"Renleigh's headquarters is on a lockdown. There was a potential bomb threat and there were at least two gunshots."

"I'm sorry what?" I asked back in complete shock. The last time I spoke to Renleigh, she was fine and busy going into a meeting with a new investor. Now, the building was on lockdown? "You are fucking with me, right? What the fuck is going on? Is she safe?"

"I only found out about it like twenty minutes ago and I have been calling you non-stop. I was driving by the building and I saw a bunch of police cars coming my way, it was like something out of a fucking film," he explained. "I'm still here, waiting for more news. Had to use the cousin card to get some information but as far as everyone is aware, no one has been injured."

"Fucking hell," I mumbled as my whole body just stopped and the shock rushed through me. I began to panic and my breathing got heavy. Ren was in potential danger and I was in a different fucking country. Of course, something like this would happen when I'm away. "Fuck. Okay. I'm coming home. Please, keep me updated."

"Woah, mate, you can't come home," he told me. "You are there for work. Important work. I will look after Renleigh, yeah? She's got plenty of people here to ensure her safety as soon as she gets out. You stay in Italy and work away."

"Do you seriously think I can stay here after what you just told me?"

"No. I think you want to come home and be the first one to hug her but you need to focus on your career, also. She will understand," he tried to reason with me but it sounded like complete fucking bullshit. There was nothing he could have said to make me stay put, no matter how pure his intentions were.

"Okay. Anyway. Keep me up to date with everything they tell you. If they are saying they need more backup—I want you to text me about it. If one police car leaves or arrives—you text me about it. You are thirsty, you're telling me."

"I was going to whether or not you asked me."

"See, this is why we're best mates. Now, call me as soon as something happens. I'll be home in an hour."

Once I made sure the jet was ready to set off, I hurried back to my hotel and packed up my shit. It took me about twenty minutes to get to the airport and nothing happened in London so far. I kept texting Niall and he just told me the same things over and over again. It was irking me, making me very jumpy and definitely wish I could be home already. It seemed crazy to me that the one time I wasn't with her, the one time I wasn't there to have lunch with her in her office, this happened.

Straight from Heathrow, I got picked up and taken to her headquarters. There was traffic, horrible traffic, and I thought I was never going to get there on time. I was on edge and my mind was long gone so when my phone went off—I had to turn the sound on—it scared the shit out of me.

"Niall."

"The team they sent in like before you got on your flight are still inside. Apparently, they are trying to locate the bomb which actually turned into multiple ones. Whoever did this, must have planned this for a while, I reckon," he filled me in. I didn't even know what the hell to say to that. Louis went way too far with this whole situation and I prayed he would get taken in handcuffs by the time I arrived.