CHAPTER 24

Renleigh Kensington

I did make him sign a contract.

Well, not a proper one. Just a mock up one. And he didn't even know that it wasn't legit. But he signed it, anyway.

That was kind of funny because he literally did it just to get to spend time with me. I mean, what the fuck? Who would do that? Well, apparently Harry Styles would.

He wasted no time, either. He turned up two days later at my building with a box of doughnuts and a strangely happy grin, dressed in a navy coloured suit, nails painted and fingers wrapped in rings. He asked if I would go to dinner with him over the weekend because he would have absolutely no time until Saturday. I was close to saying no but then curiosity got the best of me and before I could have even controlled my mouth, it just agreed.

This time around, I told him my address. He said he would find out one way or another so it didn't really matter if he got it from me or found it on his own. Since that was pretty creepy, I just gave it up although I knew he wouldn't come up to my floor, anyway.

He made us exchange numbers, too, so when he was outside, he could ring me. And he did. I saved his contact as 'Styles CEO' which made me wonder what I was in his. Not that it meant anything. I was just curious as per usual.

Visually, his grin grew when he noticed me push the door open and reveal myself in my long, red coat. I had a white pencil skirt and white turtle neck underneath. That made my outfit look pure compared to his all black. Although, the rainbows on his boots made it a little more colourful.

"Kensington, you look lovely," he complimented me like it was second nature. It was almost like he truly treated this whole month ahead of us as if we were in a relationship. Whether I was going to or not was a mystery for everyone. Then again, it was highly unlikely.

"Styles," I smirked as he put his hand out for me to take. That strangely reminded me of the night in Italy when he picked me up from my hotel and helped me in the car. Now, he did the same. I couldn't lie – he was a proper gentleman.

We had a driver and that was nice. Although, so was the sight of Styles driving. I guess men in general looked proper fit when they sat behind a wheel. Or was that just me being bare minimum? I had no idea.

"I didn't know you lived around here," he mentioned to me a little into the journey.

"I never told you, of course, you didn't know," I sassed him out a little and he chuckled under his breath.

"Must say, it is a very posh area."

"Because where you live is not?" I asked back with my eyebrows arched.

"Alright, maybe..."

"Oh, not just maybe," I laughed. "You have pure gate security and whatnot."

"I guess I do need to keep my shit safe, don't I?" he asked and I hummed.

I knew if I'd ever move I would do it the way he did. Extra security on everything and anything. But that was all in the future. As of right now, I was more than content with my penthouse and although having a proper home must have been nice, it wasn't for me.

Sooner than expected, we had arrived to the restaurant. I had heard of the place before but never personally went so this was going to be an experience in itself.

When we got out of the car, I put my coat on and flicked my hair out from under it. Styles spoke to his driver and then turned towards me once they were done. He placed his arm out for me and I linked mine through it like we did in Italy. This was all so... similar.