CHAPTER 51

Harry Styles

I felt conflicted about the situation I was put in. What I wanted to do was not something Renleigh was cool with, she didn't see it as the right thing to do whereas I did. It made so much sense to me to talk to that man, to tell him straight that what he had been doing was not OK. It genuinely did my head-in and angered me so much that my hands balled into fists and my nails imprinted little half moons into my palms.

"You don't look too happy," came the comment from the side. At first, I thought I imagined it then I turned my head and found Brandon there. He had a drink in his hand, a playful look in his eyes.

"Yeah, well... tell me about it," I scoffed as I folded my arms over my chest and let out a heavy sigh.

"Listen, I know we kind of brushed over the topic about me not telling you I was Ren's brother and stuff, so..."

"Don't bother, it's fine," I told him. "It doesn't bother me. At the end of the day, you were just looking out for her and I'm sure she appreciated that."

"Renleigh? Appreciating someone looking out for her?" he laughed. "Please."

"What makes you say that?" I questioned.

"Don't tell me she thanks you for the things you do for her," he rolled his eyes. It was hard to believe they were siblings from the way he spoke about her. He made her sound horrible although there was some truth to what he said. "Or maybe she does. Maybe she acts more like a human being when she gets more than necessary out of people."

"Come again?"

"My sister is cold and reckless. She doesn't do anything for others, unless there is something in it for her. I wouldn't be surprised if you turned out to be just some casual hook-up who she will get rid of in the near future," he shrugged with a smirk. At this point, I was more than confused. "You did deny there was anything between you two that time in the car park but we both know that was utter bullshit."

"I'm not sure what you are trying to say."

"Don't get your hopes up too much, mate," he patted me on the shoulder. "Unless you are ready to mend your own broken heart."

"I'm not sure if you are trying to protect your sister from me or if you are trying to protect me from her."

"Both, I guess," he nodded. "You are bad news from what I have heard and she's ruthless. You like the attention you get from women, you thrive off of it although it seems like you also enjoy a challenge. Which is exactly what you may view my sister as. She is not stupid, I'm sure she'll figure it out in no time – if she hadn't already – and if that is your motive to be with and around her. But then I am also aware my sister likes playing games, especially this one."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"You've been around for a while, pal. I'm not sure what you are doing to her, but she usually fucks everyone off by now. Don't be too surprised if she'll get bored."

"Not to discuss her private life behind her back, but as far as I am aware, she has only ever had hook-ups since her last relationship. Between you and me, Renleigh and I are definitely not in it for the sex-,"

"Ew," he commented.

"So, I'm not sure if you are trying to tell me that I am nothing but a quick ride in the bed or something else that I just cannot seem to work out, but it is not putting me off of her," I admitted it to him. Maybe that was what he wanted. The truth from me, my intentions with regards to his sister. "She is different than anyone else I have ever been with and yes, in a way, she is challenging me. I did look at her as a challenge when I first started seeing her-,"