CHAPTER 82

a.n. don't forget to comment and vote

• • •

Renleigh Kensington

Time off from work—and just from London in general—was very much needed after everything that happened. I tried to not think much about it as I laid on the sunbed, in nothing but my two-piece bikini, but the past events still managed to lurk their way back into my brain.

I thought I was doing much-much better than I was, though. I have definitely found some peace with the situation after I managed to make myself believe that the evil mastermind behind all of my troubles—or more so recent troubles—would get what he deserved soon enough. His men were in jail and from what I was told, they were slowly but surely giving up the information that was needed.

I knew the whole arrest wouldn't happen before this trip so it was crucial that I got over it and stepped out of my toxic mindset about it. One thing that I echoed frequently was that I got over things quickly, in a snap of a finger or in a blink of an eye, yet for some reason, this one person and all of his wrong-doings seemed to keep me on the hook.

Harry shouting my name caught my attention suddenly, it came from the house but I didn't have it in me to even move my lips to let him know where I was. The sun felt too good on my skin, my eyes closed as I soaked myself in the warm weather. I really didn't realise how much I needed time away from stress until now that all my emotional breakdowns and constant moodiness suddenly all seemed to make sense.

"Ah, here you are," he chuckled and I heard his feet slap against the tiled floor as he made his way over to me. Eventually, he stood in front of me which was pretty easy to tell even with my eyes closed as his whole body blocked the sun from hitting my body.

"How can I help?"

"Well, I just got news and apparently, my cousin is in Spain, too," he told me excitedly. Right. The cousin he was so close to that he told her everything. At least, he mentioned something like that before.

"Okay. Please move out of the way," I pushed him away with my feet and he stepped to the side. "Now, what is it?" I sighed and closed my eyes again then placed my arms comfortably on the arms of the chair. I very much felt like I was channeling my inner Sharpay Evans.

"So, when she told me she was here, I told her that I was here with you. Gemma's been dying to meet you ever since I first talked to her about you and so when she found out that we're finally all in the same place and we're all good with each other, she said she would love to meet you," he concluded and I hummed.

"Okay, sure," I replied. "We can have dinner with her tonight or something."

"See that's the thing," he said awkwardly and I opened my eyes to glance at him. His lips were pressed into a thin line and his hands were on his waist, one of his legs bent as the other one held all his weight. He wore a pair of navy shorts with turtles on them and all his tattoos were on display. He had a bit of tummy going on which I thought was incredibly sexy and by this time, both of my eyes were open.

"I'm listening," I pushed myself slightly up in the chair and put my sunglasses in front of my eyes to take a better look at him. His love handles puckered out from the band of his shorts and his happy trail excited me to no ends. I kinda wanted to push him down onto one of the beds and give him what he deserved.

"When I brought up the idea, she declined," he carried on talking but all I really heard was mumbles. My attention was on everything but what he had to say which was actually his fault. No one told him to look so fucking hot whilst talking to me yet here he is, doing everything in his power to get me on my knees. Not that I was complaining.