CHAPTER 27

Harry Styles

It was hard to forgive myself for being a fucking inconsiderate twat. No lie. After I left... no, the minute that kiss happened between her and I, the realisation hit me that it was not okay. It made my chest pang when she spoke so harshly to me with so much passion but definitely hurt and fear in her voice and eyes and overall behaviour. When she broke down in my arms and then picked herself up right away, I had to realise she was stronger than I had given her credit for and she had also been through so much more than she let on.

After I texted her, I didn't get a reply but it didn't surprise me too much. I wasn't waiting for one, if I had to be honest. She wasn't ready to see me and I had to understand that and give her some space.

But that didn't mean I couldn't send her flowers, right?

Because I did send her a massive bouquet. It went to her building because she was rarely ever home and I had better chances of her getting it there than anywhere else.

The first one I sent was after I texted her and then today, I decided to deliver them myself. Just to see if they actually got there. Obviously, I wasn't going to go up – I knew she needed a bit of time. Or I more so assumed which was never good. But I did it anyway.

Just to my luck, Miss Jones was downstairs when I stepped in the building. Her surprised expression made me flustered. I never really hand delivered flowers to girls before.

"Miss Jones."

"Mr Styles," she greeted me. "How can I help you?"

"I, uh, would you mind taking this up to Miss Kensington's office, please?"

"Sure, I would love to," she nodded. "Although, I'm not sure when she'll be able to receive them. Or if she will at all."

"What do you mean?" I asked her in confusion. The flowers were still in my hands. Yes, hands. Plural. The bouquet was massive. Red roses. I assumed she liked those. She liked red wine. She had a red car. She had red nails most of the time. She had red suits. Most of her lines had red pieces in them.

"She hasn't come in today. And she won't be in the for the rest of the week. Doctor's orders."

"Wait- wait- wait," I chuckled in disbelief. "Doctor's orders? What am I missing, exactly?"

"It is not my place to discuss my boss's whereabouts and private life. I am just letting you know she will not be in for the rest of the week. Should you need her for anything, please email me and I will forward your message," she stated rather professionally. She was definitely Kensington's employee. She was just like her. Kensington shaped her assistant into another version of her. Impressive. "Now, I have a business and employees to look after. Have a wonderful day, Mr Styles."

"Yeah... you too, Miss Jones," I nodded but it didn't matter what I did or said. She was no longer in front of me by then.

Worried, I went back outside and got in my car. I still had her address saved in my GPS from our date so I used that to my advantage to go to her place. During the journey, I completely zoned out.

Doctor's orders.

What the fuck does that mean? Did I cause that? Not that I'm someone so important to her that would impact her life so much but maybe what I did triggered her so much more than I initially thought. I had no idea. And it was making me go crazy.

What could have happened to her that was so bad she wasn't allowed to go to work and she obeyed? I literally had no fucking clue. No answers. Nothing. At all.