CHAPTER 67

Harry Styles

The way things have changed with Renleigh made me really happy. She was so much more open to things and willing to try as she put her past to rest. She wasn't one to dwell on it so it wasn't so hard for her to let go of the thoughts. It was more so the impact that it had on her that she needed to get rid of. I knew that wasn't so easy—building up a trust in someone when so many let you down beforehand. But she was doing amazing. I was extremely proud of her.

I was spending the day with my siblings which meant no work or Renleigh for the day. Both of them were staying the weekend at my house, actually, which I was excited for because it had been a while since we got to be together for longer than a day. I missed them and still to this day, they were the ones to keep me grounded.

I picked up Olivia from school first and then because we had like half an hour to wait for Mason, we went for an ice cream. After both of my siblings were with me, I had to drive back home-home to get them clothes. I prayed and prayed that my mother would not be home because I knew my luck and that shit always played against me so I had a feeling she would be right there, waiting for us by the gates.

As I drove up the driveway, I was glad not to see my father's Aston Martin or my mother's Bentley. I parked right by the steps so we could all quickly get in.

"Alright, you have about ten minutes to get your shit and then I'm leaving," I shouted after my siblings because they literally ran up the stairs to get ready. I had a strong feeling their stuff was not packed yet. They were so unprepared sometimes.

Once the footsteps were no longer heard, I assumed they all made it upstairs so I wandered towards the kitchen. It was empty which was not something I was used to when I came here. I rarely did. The placed haven't changed since I fully moved out though, so it felt like I never left.

I opened the two-door fridge with both hands at the same time as I puckered my lips and ran my gaze through the content of it. Then closed it not a minute later because I was just curious. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and leaned on the kitchen island as I scrolled through my notifications.

Eventually, I made it to my last conversation with Renleigh and so I just decided to FaceTime her instead. I put my phone up against the packet of cookies that were on the countertop and then propped my elbows up to be able to hold my head up in my hands. When the whole unavailable shebang came up, I called her again and then once more until she picked up. I had the greatest view of her office ceiling as opposed to her stunning face.

"What do you want?" she mumbled as I heard the soft noise of her fingers pressing down on the keyboard in the background.

"Hello to you too," I said. "Just wanted to see what you were doing."

"Working," she mumbled and then faintly heard her curse before she repeatedly hit the backspace button. At least, I assumed that was what happened. "Why? What are you doing?"

"Just waiting for Livvy and Mason. They're staying at mine for the weekend and they need clothes and shit," I filled her in although I have mentioned it to her yesterday.

"Oooo," she said. "Nice."

"You sound angry, what's up?" I asked because I knew that tone. And when she used it, it didn't matter what I said as long as she dealt with it.

"I'm not going to lie, you called at the worst fucking time possible but because I'm going through a change as a person I picked up."

"After me calling you thrice."

"That's not a word so quit saying that before I block your number."

"No."

"Whatever," she sighed and then her voice faded as she walked away, heels clicking against the floor. She huffed when she sat down again and I saw a bit of her hair fling into the camera. "You know—I can't stop thinking about making friends and that's your fucking fault."