CHAPTER 80

Renleigh Kensington

London or New York?

London or New York?

London or New York?

The only question on my mind ever since I had gotten the news of potential business partners wanting to work with me. The only problem was, that if I said yes to their deal, I would have to move to New York for an unknown amount of time and take my whole business with me. And that would be forever. I would pretty much give up everything I have worked for since I have gotten out of education, everything I have ever known and loved and I wasn't sure how I felt about it. Well, that is if I ever want to move back home. If I don't, then I can keep the company and run it as I have before.

I was useless when it came to this so I reached out to the only person who I knew would be able to give me an unbiased opinion on the matter.

Me: I can't believe I'm admitting this but I need your help

Me: like right now so please stop ignoring my messages

Me: there was an emphasis on 'right now'

Me: "Emphasis—stress given to a word or words when speaking to indicate particular importance"

Me: I'm so glad we didn't end up together u are horrible at texting

Zayn Malik: well well well would you look at that

Zayn Malik: renleigh kensington needing my help?

Zayn Malik: I'm all ears ma'am

Me: basically I need to talk to you in person cos it's kind of important

Zayn Malik: I'm at home and I'm quite comfortable on my couch so if you need me, you know where to find me

Me: I never been to your place dumbass

Zayn Malik: EN4 9UY

Me: see you in a bit dickhead x

Zayn Malik: insult me again and I'm not letting you in xx

• • •

"So, how may I be of service today, Miss Kensington?" he asked right as he opened the door for me. I was surprised he even had it in him to get up from the couch. He wore shorts and a shirt along with a pair of socks and a beanie. His lazy attire looked a lot like Harry's, perhaps every male on this planet had this specific fit drilled into them.

"Do I want to move to New York to be able to expand my brand or do I want to stay and not move anywhere with my business?"

"Alright, going straight in," he concluded as he followed me into his living room.

"I mean, this is something I have always wanted. To have my name out there, to be known internationally. Now, that my opportunity is here—and perhaps the only way I will be able to move forward—I'm stalling and I have no idea why."

"I reckon your boyfriend has something to do with that. Also the fact that you have a lunatic after your family, friends and yourself could impact you," he said like he read it out of a book. "There is much more at stake now than there was before. Of course, you will want to stop for a second and think rationally."

"Right. That's the thing," I said as I sat down once I moved the blanket and pillows out of my way. "I can't think rationally."

"Because you don't want to, Ren," he said as he sat down on the armchair. "You don't want to think rationally because that involves feelings and you are still not comfortable with those bastards."