CHAPTER 99

a.n. don't forget to comment and vote

• • •

Harry Styles

It was actually such a nice day, I didn't even mind being stuck with the kids. The pool was there and it gave us the opportunity to be in the sun and have fun. As expected, I was on TJ duty meanwhile Renleigh spent most of her time with my siblings. She reasoned it with 'if the kid drowns, I don't want it to happen under my watch' so I thought I will just save her the dramatic thoughts and experiences and take our godson myself.

It was actually quite fun, just pushing him around the pool in his little swimming floatie. It had a top as well so the sun didn't burn him and he could lay back slightly so it was comfortable for him. He had the loudest laugh when we passed by Mason and Livvy jumping in the pool at the same time as Renleigh did, the water going everywhere as they formed themselves into a ball and disappeared. They managed to splash TJ a few times but he didn't even cry—he was actually really enjoying it, his feet and arms going all over the place as he chuckled.

I swear I was in love with this kid. He had to be the cutest little creature.

We have been in the pool for such a long time—since breakfast which we had at like half eleven and now it was really close to half one so lunch was close—but it didn't even feel like it.

"Hal-Hal-Hal!" my little sister chanted my name, her voice louder as she got closer to me.

"What is it, Livvy?" I laughed when she suddenly swallowed some of the pool water and she started coughing. I pulled her up by her arm quickly and patted her back a little although I wasn't sure it did anything. "You good?" she nodded with her eyes a bit watery from the coughing then she swam over to TJ and held onto his floatie. "What did you want?"

"I'm hungry," she told me.

"Why don't you go ask the chef if the food is done yet?" I asked her as I followed them slowly, my knees bent so the water reached my neck and touched my chin here and there.

"Renny said you should check it because you know him," she answered easily and I smirked as the water went over my mouth. "She also said you will take us all out for ice cream and din-dins tonight."

"Did she now?" I asked her.

"Mhm..."

"Well, then, I guess we'll go out for tea and have ice cream," I told her and she laid on top of the water in a star shape. I put my right hand on the floatie so TJ didn't move away as the water moved from my girlfriend and brother jumping in and out of the pool then I smoothened Liv's hair back so it didn't stick on her forehead. "Hey, did you forget to put suncream on your face?"

"Renny put some on it," she replied with eyes closed and floating on the water still. Her answer made me smile. She was so dependent on her sometimes. I say sometimes because whenever Ren was around, Liv just went to her for everything. In a way, I felt like she looked at my girlfriend as a second mother and as much as it made me happy, it made me sad too. Our mother was, let's be brutally honest, useless.

"Well, it washed off in the water so do you want to go and put some more on it?" I asked. "You know you always get burnt on your cheeks and then it hurts a lot."

"I don't want to," she shook her head which resulted in water getting in her mouth and so she quickly had to get off of her back and started coughing again. That somehow set TJ off because he started crying and I turned towards him right away.

"Ren!" I called for her as I placed my sister on the edge of the pool and then lifted the baby out of his floatie. I stood up properly so I could cradle him in my arms, one of my hands fixing his little hat so he didn't get a sun stroke.