CHAPTER 70

Renleigh Kensington

I felt like I had to go all out. It wasn't my birthday but I would arrive with the birthday boy so I thought it was time to step it up. I took it so seriously that I went as far as wearing one of his most popular dresses. It was quite difficult to get my hands on one but once I pulled a few strings, his PA was able to make sure it got sent to me without him knowing it. I didn't want him to know I would wear his dress, thought it would be a nice surprise.

Also, me attending didn't suddenly mean that I was all for birthday parties and shit. I still didn't like them and if it wouldn't have been Harry's birthday, I would have just said I had work that needed my attention as I had a deadline under my ass.

He said he would pick me up. He also made sure Zayn and Charlotte were going to be there. He said he wanted me to feel like I had people to talk to if god forbid, he went off with his friends so I wasn't on my own.

Apparently, Niall's house was the one where the party was planned and ready for guests to arrive. I was excited to see where he lived, it must have been a nice place if so many people were invited. I caught a glance of the list he got sent over by Levi and I was surprised to see over a hundred people invited.

They had... friends. Or associates. Who knew who they were. All I was aware of was that they had more people they knew than I ever did.

I was not a patient person and so when the time was ticking and Harry was still not at my place, I began to grow irritated. I hated waiting around. Especially in situations like this. My stomach was in a knot, I couldn't swallow properly, my hands kept getting clammy and I broke out in cold sweat at least five times since I had gotten dressed.

Like I planned, I wore Harry's most popular design. It was a dress with a slit on the left thigh, a lovely cleavage which allowed my sisters to show and compliment my chest. It had thin straps which were covered in the lacey-crystal-y material as well as a little flingy thing that went on my arms. It was a gorgeous dress and I had no regrets after buying it. I was actually amazed by how pretty it was. And how good I looked in it.

That's a custom-made dress for you, honey.

I took a ton of photos because I loved the way I looked. It was different but so me at the same time. I wondered how Harry would react when he saw me. Would he be surprised? Would he be annoyed? I mean, I did go behind his back to get the dress...

Nah, that's stupid.

Okay. You are right. Why would he be mad about that? The money went towards his company.

"Fuck, where is he already," I mumbled to myself as I walked around my kitchen. It was kind of dark out so when I turned around, I saw my reflection in the windows behind me. I turned sideways so I could see how I looked. "Hmm," I put my arm out of way as I lifted it a little and I saw the way my shape curled. My ass was there but not the way I wanted it. It wasn't like those Instagram model asses if you get me. I had boobs, they were massive, I got them from my grandmother. Lord knows that woman had back problems since she was fifteen. And here I was, dealing with the same shit.

Overall, my body was alright. I didn't have a problem with it. I used to. I hated the way I looked. I gained a ton of weight when I was in secondary school and some more when I got to college. It was all because of the stress and the contraceptive pills I used to take for my period. Once I started going for runs every day and stopped taking the pill, I kind of lost the plus kilos but the weight change did leave me with a ton of stretch marks all over my body. Most of the time, I covered them up with make up if my dress revealed them. I didn't like how they were on show.