CHAPTER 63

Harry Styles

We had the biggest dinner at the restaurant which was nice. I wasn't so mad that it was only us two, if anything, I enjoyed it more. We chatted about random things and just had an overall amazing time. I felt so comfortable around her and thankfully, she seemed to feel the same. Thinking about how far we've come since the first time we really hung out, actually seemed mad. I didn't want to believe just how long it had been. Almost a year. Well, in May so technically we had a few more months to go.

After we were done at the restaurant, we went back to her place. It was actually pretty nice. I enjoyed being there because it was new to me but at the same time, it was clear that Renleigh was a bit on edge. I could tell that was because no one really hung out at her place – not even her.

"I'm bored," she huffed as she sat down next to me on the couch. She put her feet up on the table and crossed her ankles, her shoes still on.

"Do you want to go away for like a few days?" I asked. I loved going on holiday but all my friends were tied to their jobs and other commitments which was fine, I mean of course, they were tied. So was I at times. And I was fine going on my own. But I also wanted to go on one with Renleigh.

"Eh. I'm going to New York soon so I don't want to travel before that," she told me. "Why do you always wanna go away, anyway? Don't you have a company to run?"

"Yeah, I do but I also have employees, don't I?" I shrugged. "And I just love holidays and being away from the stress and my real-life, you know? Not having to deal with anything is nice. I love doing nothing. Plus, I also have the means to go away as much as I want to. Gotta make use of the money."

"True," she agreed.

"Why are you going to New York?" I asked. Then quickly added, "Nevermind. Probably work, right?"

"Yeah. New York Fashion Week. Are you not going?"

"I wasn't planning on it if I'm being honest," I told her. "I wasn't really feeling up to it."

"Is that because you really don't want to go or because they didn't invite you?"

"You got me."

"You're lying," she laughed. "They didn't invite you?"

"Well, I mean... you are going already. I was the backup, apparently."

"Shut up," she slapped my shoulder as she pushed herself up and turned towards me with a shocked facial expression. "What do you mean backup?"

"Like... a second option. If you weren't going to be able to go for whatever reason, STYLES would have been the one that gets picked."

"I'm confused. Why couldn't they invite us both?" she looked at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"Because they either support you or me," I shrugged. "We pretty much do the same thing and we're also kind of the leading companies, I guess. They gotta take a side."

"Well, they shouldn't," she huffed. "That's not fair."

"Oh, well," I said. "I'm glad it's you who gets to go. You deserve to have your brand out there."

"OK but, so do you?"

"Alright, who are you and what have you done with the Kensington I know?" I laughed and she rolled her eyes at me. I placed my hand on her thigh and drew a slow circle on her jeans covered leg. "I thought a lot about what you said... you and me not being treated fairly and all. It's why I'm glad it's you who gets to go. I- I know you've been trying to break America with Kensington and Co and it didn't seem to be working out, so maybe this way, you'll get the push you need."