CHAPTER 45

Harry Styles

There was little to nothing I knew about the Kensington family and so going in blind for this big meeting was actually pretty fucking scary. I was not told much, only that it might be a lot to take in with how many people there will be. Kensington compared it to almost as many people who turned up to my cousin's birthday and that was... a lot. Vaguely, I remembered her saying she didn't have a big family but then if this was going to be a big family party, then I was really confused.

"I have a horse," she randomly blurted it out. I looked at her with wide eyes. She gripped the steering wheel like a tide would grab her away from the car, her eyes dead set on the road. We were on the motorway and it was a pretty smooth ride for the most part.

"O-okay," I laughed and she breathed out loudly. This was stressing her the fuck out, so much that she couldn't even be arsed getting dressed this morning. She wore a pair of grey Nike leggings and a big shirt and that was it. Whereas I had my proper fit on. Like, jeans and stuff. Because I was meeting her parents. So, I thought it was only right if I made a good first impression.

"My parents are called Oscar and Sam."

"Cool," I smiled softly. I didn't ask but it was good to know. She was under so much pressure and stress, I didn't want to add to that with questions. Burning questions. I wanted to know a few more things. Like the name of that piece of shit who couldn't keep his hands off of my girl. "Hey," I said gently as I placed my hand in the middle, my palm upwards. Kensington sighed before she slid one hand off of the steering wheel and put it in mine.

"Don't," she warned. "I have no idea what's going to happen."

"I didn't ask and wasn't going to," I squeezed her hand and lifted it to press a kiss on her knuckles.

"Right... um, I've been thinking about what you said last night... when you said we don't really have anything else to talk about unless I have something to tell you," she reminded me. Right. I did say that. "What do you want me to spill?"

"What makes you think I wanted you to spill something?"

"The tone of your voice. Plus, my brother says that to me all the time before he confronts me."

"Hmm," I hummed. She was clever, it would have been a surprise if she hadn't of caught onto me. I twisted the ring around her index finger with my thumb as I kept my eyes on the jewellery. "Have you ever done something you shouldn't have?"

"Most definitely," she gave me the answer right away. I chuckled under my breath and inhaled then exhaled through my mouth. "I was a very reckless teenager, like I told you many times before, there wasn't really many occasions when I didn't have a Smirnoff Ice bottle attached to my lips."

"Out of all the drinks in the world, you had to be a basic bitch, huh?" I asked with a playful tone for which in return she let go of my hand and punched my shoulder. "Hey!"

"Don't you dare offend my juice, alright?"

"You can't sit there and tell me it got you drunk. Smirnoff Ice is like lemonade."

"I didn't say it had gotten me drunk, did I? I just like it, alright?" she argued me. It was all just banter, nothing serious, and I liked that. This way, I got to know more of her and the conversation topic also kept her mind off of the whole birthday party. "What do you drink to get pissed, anyway?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?" I grinned when she looked at me. My head was slightly tilted and I couldn't help myself when I leaned forward and kissed her lips. They were warm as they pressed against mine softly and gently. It was an innocent peck and yet, it still made my heart go crazy. "So, back to my question... have you?" I shifted in my seat a little and leaned on the compartment between us.