CHAPTER 94

a.n. don't forget to comment and vote

• • •

Renleigh Kensington

My stay in London was short but just enough to make me want to get back to New York. It felt weird to be away, somehow, I felt like a stranger in the city I called home. I connected negative memories to this place, even with the gender reveal being such a success. Coming back before I had the chance to properly deal with everything that happened a year ago was probably one of my worst decisions.

It was now July, the gender reveal a week and a half ago already. Time flew by with the number of things I had to catch up on. By things I mostly mean therapy, the gym, grocery shopping and just an overall big clean in the apartment.

Also, okay... I can't lie I did pay a visit to the office but only because I talked about it with my therapist and she said it was okay. She even mentioned that I most likely should go because if I won't, I might get the urge to open my laptop and drown myself in emails and set up meetings I'm absolutely not ready for. So, if I go in when I want to and I'm not kept from doing so then perhaps I won't do any more damage to my already fucked health.

I guess that happens when you get out of the womb and fail to find the time to stop for a minute.

At the end of the day, I was still the CEO of the company and I had a reputation to up keep so I had to dress apart. It had been a while since I looked through my work clothes and, in all honesty, I needed to refresh the whole wardrobe. The colours were boring, the styles were boring, basically all my fits were boring.

Some time off, really gave me the chance to clear my mind and allow it to generate some new ideas.

Eventually, I ended up in a yellow outfit. The skirt was a bit shorter than I imagined it to be and it seemed like my boobs got bigger over the period that I spent in the gym and ate properly because my shirt was a bit tight on me. It was a cropped turtleneck in a ribbed material. It went amazingly with the simple look of the skirt and blazer. I twisted my rings around my fingers and moved my bracelets around so they looked proper.

After a quick breakfast, I was in my car and on my way to the office. I was excited to step back into the world of business, even if it was only for a little bit. I felt refreshed and ready to look over things that needed my attention and helping my PA out a little bit. Speaking of which, he became more of a COO during my absence and that actually made me so proud. He was so good at what he did, the fact that he had been trained by Danielle and he was under my control for the majority of his employment, really shaped him into someone who shouldn't be messed around with.

In times like this, I prayed—that if I ever have kids—they turn out the same way. Tough, career-driven, passionate and definitely aware of their worth. I went through a hell of a lot to get to where I was and I knew if I had the chance, I would make sure my kids never have to experience half of what I have.

"Ren—Miss Kensington!" I smirked when Liam noticed me in the hallway, a perfectly fitted suit making him look like he really ran the whole establishment. The little slip up was not something that made me look at him differently although old Renleigh, the one before Harry, definitely would have done something to 'punish' him for it.

"Liam," I greeted him back as I leaned in for a kiss on each cheek. He seemed taken aback and, to be fair, I myself was slightly shocked at how openly I welcomed him but it also felt extremely natural. That little incident a while back—when he had to take me to the hospital—changed the dynamic between us and it wouldn't have felt right to act like it never happened.