CHAPTER 29

a.n.// this chapter includes sensitive content

Harry Styles

She fucking turned up. Sure, it was last minute, but she turned up. With her personalised little suitcase, she was there. No emotion shown on her face, cheeks a bit flushed from the cold and glasses falling down her nose. I smirked when the security guard brought her over and then she stopped in front of me. Nothing was said but I did smirk at her then I just let her walk on the plane and I followed her, after a small nod towards the men who escorted her to the jet.

That was a few hours ago. We were in Paris already. Kensington didn't seem too impressed, probably because she had been here a bunch of times. I wasn't that overwhelmed by the city either since I was in the same position but for some reason, the thought of her and I being here at the same time at the same place was new. And exciting.

Our hotel – well, technically mine – was nice. Had a fantastic view of the Eiffel Tower if we went out to the balcony from the room in which there was only one double bed therefore, we were going to have to share it. Trust me, Kensington tried to bribe the receptionist into letting her pay a shit ton in order to get her own room, everything was booked. That made me wonder how they managed to get me that suite so fast but I didn't complain.

"Oh, this bed is nice," she mumbled as she dropped her stuff next to the bed and then plopped down on it. I chuckled and watched as she took up one half of the bed, her arms and legs out which made her look like a star.

"You can nap if you want," I told her as I took my hoodie off. "I have a meeting in one of the conference rooms in an hour so I need to get dressed and stuff. Shower and whatever."

"You just brought me on this work trip so you're not alone but I will be now. And I won't even be able to do any work."

"I'll leave my mac here, you can watch Netflix or whatever," I shrugged. "Anyway. Would you mind ordering me something to eat? I'm starving and I don't want to sit in that room with a loud belly. Please."

"It's going under your name."

"Well, I'm not actually paying for it. It's a paid trip. So, get whatever you want, I'll have it too."

"Sure, okay," she replied. I chuckled as I opened my bag and got my stuff out.

I left Kensington alone to get ready in the shower. The water felt nice against my skin, washing through my hair as my fingers massaged my scalp. I didn't want to leave the warm water but time was flying and I had work to do.

"Styles!" I heard someone banging on the bathroom door and I knew it was Kensington. Who else could it have been? A loud sigh escaped my lips as I stopped drying my hair with the towel and wrapped it around my waist. I most likely looked like I just touched the electricity with my hair all over the place but I opened the door nonetheless.

"Yes?" I asked. The sudden coolness that licked my body up and down made me shudder and I wanted to close the door on her to stay in the warm room. Then again, the way her hazel – more so brown this time – eyes wandered all across my chest where my tattoos and cross necklace were, I felt pretty hot.

"Oh, umm... the food is here," she told me as she visually swallowed harder than it was needed. I smirked when I saw her cheeks turn a bit pink and she raised her eyebrow at me. "What got you so smug?"

"Your reaction to me being half naked."

"What reaction?" she scoffed and rolled her eyes. Then she turned around and walked back over to the bed. I chuckled to myself. Of course, she wouldn't admit to anything. She had to be the most difficult and stubborn person ever. "That's yours."