it's best to let go + j.h.s

Turning to the side, hoseok slightly opened his eyes to see no figure of you. "Y/n?" His mouth gaped open as he yawned. Trying to predict where you were, he slowly crouched and stood up.

"y/n...?" Slightly tilting his head to every side, hoseok still didn't find you in anywhere. He was getting worried, so he texted you.

Hoseok:

Where are you? Y/n?

Mere sadness washed upon him as he remembered what happened last night. It was a mess. A total mess.

🌙
--

"Y/n" a stern voice held you back. You were surprised. You never heard his low monotone voice. It usually occurs when he's angry or waking up.

"Hobi? What's wrong?" You nudge his shoulder while trying to make jokes to make him smile.

"I... i don't know how to say this..." he tilted his head, away from your eyes gaze, as you turned him back to you.

"Aww, come on! Say it." You smiled a little laughing and chuckling at him. But he turned to you, he was serious.

"This is not a joke y/n." Stating his words, you braced your self for the impact words he would say. You knew all along

"Don't get mad.. please..?" With glossy eyes, you nodded slowly. While he held you hand.

'It's gonna be alright.'

'You're gonna be fine'

But no. Your words couldn't get you enough to encourage yourself that you'll move on fast. It wouldn't. It's too much pressure for you to handle.

"Let's break up. I'm sorry, i just.... i just love ae ra more.. i know it's... no- im freaking messed up to fall inlove with your bestfriend but, i just... sorry.. im sorry."

He looked directly at his shoes as your tears welled down. "H-how? W-why didn't y-you tell me..?" Your sobs grew louder as you stuttered at every words, unable to speak.

That's when you finally had the courage and thought that this was for the best. For you and him. "Hoseok... I-it's... its best to just end this. It won't work anyways. Feelings change."

He hugged you tight. The last hug you'll receive from him. "Thank you." He smiled at you before you saw his figure leave.

You smiled to yourself. "Its best to let go than be hurt." You walked away wiping your tears as you feel the need to go home to your mom and have some comfort

-end of flashbackeu-

Hoseok nearly set to tears as he remembered each and every words you said.

"Stop it hoseok. You'll forget about her soon." He tried to engage himself while going downstairs.

He always expected to have breakfast made by you, but now that he's alone like he wanted, he'll have to do it by himself.

🌙

Hoseok decided to walk around the park to clear his mind off you. He's been contacting ae ra but she didn't answer. Almost ignoring him.

He saw a dog, sniffling the scent of the delight flowers. He'd always remembered when you'd pull him towards the dog just to pet it.

And how you'd love to smell the lingering scent of the flowers as you smile sweetly.

"no. Dont think about her. Move on. You love ae ra." Trying to convince himself, he jogged a couple miles from the park, pacing back and forth.

He went to lie in a bench for some while, he was exhausted and tired. He saw a couple walking from the distance, they looked simple and cute, just like how they did.

He remembered when y/n would always cling onto him whenever they'd go on a date. He found it such cute.

"Agh fuck it i miss her" he clenched his fists, thinking that he was so stupid to such let a perfect person go.

"Why did i h-have to l-let her go?" Tears forming, he couldn't utter more words. He felt like his heart crashed from a severe mistke he's ever done.

But he let her go.

_______

Part two?💜