9

They were all inside the palace gates in no time. This time, Dean pushed open the doors himself, wanting to find that Alpha of his as soon as possible.

"Where is he?!" He shouted.

"SSSHHHHH!!!" Renee and Sami both said, making him blink.

"Be quiet before you wake everyone else!!" Randy whispered.

"What do you mean ev--" The three vampires pointed up.

Dean could've had a heart attack when he looked at the ceiling.

Like hoards of bats in a cave, the sky-high ceiling all throughout the halls were filled with still sleeping vampires of all shapes, sizes, and species (except animal vampires) hanging upside-down, their black wings wrapped around their bodies like cocoons. 

All Dean could do was blink and think.

Oh shit....

"These drones have been lying in wait for the past three hundred year, they only awake when summoned by the Alpha or Queen. Seth, Randy, the other two Betas, Sami and I are not affected, though. There are commoners as well who aren't affected by this. They are elsewhere in the valley. Even though the drones are still hibernating, everyone will be waking up in about two weeks. Plus, they're all super cranky if their slumber's been disturbed, just like little Sami here, so be quiet."

"I do not get cranky when you wake me up!!" Sami angrily whispered.

"I'm surprised you didn't notice them last night, Dean. And since you're the only living thing in this building, I suggest you get a move on in finding your hubby." Renee giggled, ignoring him.

"Would you STOP saying that?!" Dean whispered loudly, blushing like crazy, only to clamp his hands over his mouth when he saw that a few were beginning to stir. 

"Where is he?"  He asked softly.

"Well, he told us to keep you in the study on the western side of the palace until he came." Sami answered, crossing his arms.

"Then let's go." Dean frowned, ready for action, taking the lead down the long corridor.

"Uh, Dean, the study is this way." Renee snickered, pointing the right way.

"I knew that." Dean grumbled, determination still on his face, going in the other direction after the others.

The walk to the study didn't take too long, but Dean, who was at the back of the group, had his attention focused on all the sleeping vampires up above him. In fact, Dean was slowly walking backwards, keeping an eye on each one of the slumbering creatures and before he knew it, he bumped into a set of knight's armor, making him jump and turn around. 

"Come on, Dean." He could hear Sami say way up ahead. "We haven't got all night."

The blonde jogged to catch up with the others, but the armor began to tilt and sway as the group walked on. When Dean turned around, he gasped.

"Oh, crap!" He quietly screamed, it was going to fall!! If that thing fell over, it would wake up the whole palace and he'll be toast!!

He tried his best to reach for it, but it was too late, the armor had fallen to the floor. Dean clamped his hands over his ears and closed his eyes, waiting to hear the crash that would seal his fate.

But, he never heard it. 

Slowly, he opened one eye and then the other, looking highly confused. The full set of armor hovered ever so slightly off the ground, all parts surrounded by a turquoise light.