70

"AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!"

"Dean, you're doing good, just keep it up... Breathe."

"I'm trying!!" Dean cried out in return, his voice strained.

High above the planet Earth, within the Space Vortex Colony, fellow vampires continued to transport onboard to their temporary place of dwelling after The Matrix's attack.

Many were wounded and were being treated for their injuries as Randy and the others made sure everyone was alright and that everything was under control. And they all flinched whenever they heard their Alpha Queen scream.

Dr. Lynch and fellow nurses stayed back and let Seth try to calm his mate through his current contraction, staying silent and ready for anything. Seth watched anxiously as Dean's throat tightened into a series of stuttered shouts as another contraction wracked through his frame. His hands gripped the sheets, pulling up the sheet from the mattress and his knuckles going white.

Seth's dead heart felt like racing, he was nearly bursting from within himself as he watched his mate about to give birth, and Dr. Lynch was convinced he was going to be the kind of father to pass out.

Both she and Seth could barely stand hearing Dean's normal smooth, controlled voice in so much obvious pain, but could do nothing about it. She was powerless even in her effort to ease that pain with medication. She was tempted to up the dosage yet again that she'd given him, but half of the vial of liquid was already gone from the IV, and it seemed to be useless.

Time felt too slow. Dean was a wreck on the bed, and most of the towels beneath him were soaking through to the mattress almost as quickly as they were being changed. The nurses busied themselves with changing out the towels, attempting to keep their laboring queen clean and comfortable, and to make sure their king wasn't going to pass out.

A huge push from Dean sent the first child squeezing nearly halfway out, but it seemed stuck at it's widest point. The doctor grasped Dean's knee. "Ease up Dean, stop pushing for a second!"

Dean let out a ragged scream of anguish. "AAAHHHH!"

"Breathe." She told him calmly.

Seth said in agreement. "Breathe, please!"

Dean obeyed, but it took all of his willpower and might not to scream again. While he breathed, his entire body shook, and finally the widest part of their first child slowly and naturally squeezed past the threshold.

"Alright Dean, push!" The doctor nodded, patting his knee in encouragement.

He was only too glad. Dean screamed while mustering one more push from his muscles.

Then he fell back. His instincts were the only thing kept him from losing consciousness. His vision blurred and he closed his eyes for a moment and panted hard, exhausted.

Suddenly a soft sound of a child's cry entered his ears. He snapped his eyes open and looked at Seth down at the foot of the bed.

The father had caught his child in his hands before the infant slid down onto the bed. His latex gloves were covered in blood and various debris from the inside of his mate's body, but the little one in his hands was absolutely the most breathtaking, beautiful, perfect thing he'd ever seen in his life.

Dean smiled happily despite his tears and reached out for his baby to see him. Seth, after he cut the child's umbilical cord, happily handed the child over to it's exhausted mother. It was a boy, and absolutely perfect. That and he wouldn't stop crying. But, it was the most joyous sound that both parents had been waiting for so long to hear.