80

The whole world seemed deathly silent the following night. The glow of the large golden full moon cast a haunting glow across the landscape, it's light reflecting off the fresh layer of snow on the ground, being that it was towards the middle of February. The Matrix Commander and his small army waited at the rendezvous point.

"Ugh, what's taking so long?! Damn vampires!! It's freezing out here!!" A young Matrix soldier whispered in complaint, wrapping his arms tightly around his body to try and keep the cold out. Their mere uniforms didn't seem to be preserving much warmth in there.

"Dude, forget about the cold!!" Whispered another beside him. "It's these vamps that I'm worried about! Their Queen wiped out all of our bases worldwide in one night and that was nearly a month ago!! And now we're supposed to be keeping this thing in confinement?!"

"There's no telling how much power he has!!" He continued to whisper. "The Commander's nuts!! If and when that vampire manages to escape, we're screwed!!"

"Maverick! Dream! Silence in the ranks!!" Snapped the Commander from atop his post on an army tank a few feet away, having picked up on the whispering but not what had been said. His two-colored eyes steadily scanning the landscape as the others quietly looked on. On the ground beside the tank, Kevin and Charlotte stood on either side of Bayley, both with a coat on while the young girl wore nothing. The poor girl shivered as the winter wind blew, wrapping her arms around her body to try her best and stay warm. Both Kevin and Charlotte felt terrible, they were under orders from the Commander not to assist Bayley in any way. They'd made the poor girl go through all this, just to get their hands on that good-for-nothing Dean Ambrose!! He's the one to blame for Bayley being mixed up in this whole situation.

"They're here," The human stated and everyone's eyes turned towards the dark evening sky to find a group of beings on the wing. The group landed a good distance away, but their glowing eyes gave away who they were.

Seth stood beside his queen with Randy, Renee, Sami, Roman, Finn and a few additional drones standing close in case anything happened. Not that Dean needed help or anything, his friends were there for support more than anything. Each vampire glared at the army ahead of them, each with a frown set in place.

Charlotte, Kevin, and Sasha tensed somewhat at the gazes, but most of all from the look that Dean was sending them. This was their first time seeing him in his vampire form up close and they were scared speechless.

"Good afternoon, my queen." The Matrix Commander smirked.

"Cut it with the small talk, Commander, and hand over the girl." Dean snapped, wanting to get this over with as soon as possible.

"In order to surrender, you're gonna have to give me your ring first." The Matrix Commander.

The blonde ruler of the vampires tensed slightly before he looked at his friends. Renee, Randy, Sami and the others all held looks of deep concern and worry, but they're eyes also reassured him that everything would be fine.

"For the last time the ring stays, Commander." The blonde frowned. "We agreed that you would take me in exchange for Bayley. That was our deal, nothing more, nothing less."

The human grumbled something under his breath before he agreed.

"Very well." He sighed before looking at the others. "Release the prisoner."

Kevin and Charlotte both released Bayley, shoving her forward, and towards the vampires. Even though Bayley was being saved, she still feared the vampires. Even if Dean was one of them, she quickly looked at her brother.

"I'm so sorry." He mouthed towards her, hoping she'd understand. She wished that Dean had never gotten mixed up with the vampire, then maybe none of this would happen...