43

"So you're really serious about this?"

Dean nodded. Randy put up the kickstand on his new orange Ducati motorcycle. The vampire city within the Land Of The Architect was not that far away from the palace, but Seth didn't want his mate using up energy on running there. Plus, he didn't want he going there alone.

The clinic loomed in front of them, a stark white building against the grey concrete that surrounded it. The automatic doors slid open for them, and Dean went to the front desk while Randy sat in the waiting room area.

"Name please." A young girl with long pink hair up in a bun with glasses, who name tag said Liv said, glancing up at him.

She must be the receptionist.

"Dean." He watched as she typed his name into the database to search for his appointment. When she found it, the printer behind her roared to life and produced a paper.

"Please read this and sign your name at the bottom."

He read the name of the document. Proof of Consent to Termination Procedure. He swallowed thickly and skimmed over the contents of the abortion form. Taking the pen, he signed on the line and handed the young woman the paper. "Have a seat. The doctor will call you when he's ready."

Randy gave him a worried look when he sat down beside him. Dean simply stared at the floor. He was nervous. This wasn't exactly going to be a pleasant procedure. He was aware that he would be in some discomfort for a few days afterwards and the termination itself would probably be awful. Probably worse than any fight he's ever been in.

Just then another male, came and sat down beside him. Dean glanced up at the male who'd just so happened to be glancing back at him. He quickly dropped his head, avoiding his gaze.

"Hey." The male smiled, softly nudging him in the shoulder, making him flinch.

"…Uh, hey." He said back.

"Name's Edge." He said, shaking the blonde's hand. "What's yours?"

"Dean." He answered back. And the boy couldn't help but wonder if he was related to Charlotte by any chance. He had long hair just like her and green eyes, just like her, after all. Plus, he seemed to be her age. The only difference was that she was her fashion style. He wore a grey T-shirt showing off his muscular build, black and grey army print pants, black combat boots, and a dogtag that dangled around his neck.

"Straight?" He asked suddenly, snapping the blonde from his thoughts.

Dean blinked. "Excuse me?"

"Are you straight?"

"Oh, uh, no…" He answered hesitantly.

"Seme?" He asked. Dean raised a brow thinking the male was getting too nosy, but once he figured out that he meant no harm and only wanted to make light conversation, his mood lightened up.

"No, uke."

"Really?" The blonde nodded.

"That's your mate?" He asked, pointing to Randy beside him who was busy listening to Eminem: No Love on his iPod. He hadn't heard a word they said.

"Who, Randy?" Dean asked. "Oh, no. He's just a good friend of mine."

"Hmm, seems like a pretty nice guy." He mused, picking up a magazine from the table in front of him.

"Um… Are you a seme?" Dean asked, trying to get his mind off what was soon to come.

"Nah, I'm straight." He chuckled. "My wife just called me and told me that she was here. I was in training when I got the news."