73

It seemed like the tides had been changed with only press of a button.

Literally.

The vampires were now the ones that were celebrating while the planet was suffering below. Everyone laughed, cheered, and rejoiced that the majority of the threat was finally gone.

And it was all thanks to their all-powerful Alpha Queen, who stood beside his faithful mate, both males smirking with triumphant pride. But Dean grinned the most since he was the number one cause of some 2 billion deaths. Whether in his new form or not, the Alpha Queen didn't care that many innocent lives were taken by means of his actions. The people of earth had turned their backs on him long ago, so it only seemed fair to return the favor. He was a mother now and mothers would do anything to protect their kids to keep them out of harm's way.

Anything.

"Good job, Blondie, you did it!!" Randy cackled as he approached, giving Dean a hearty pat on the back. Dean chuckled and it turned into an evil laugh as he watched the final explosions died down.

"It appears I have." He replied.

"But, why did you leave the The Matrix Headquarters untouched?" Finn asked.

"Because my Seth wanted to kill the Commander." Dean smirked at his husband. No matter what form Dean was in, no matter how many times he changed, one thing was for certain. He loved himself some Seth!!

"Thank you, love." Seth smiled at his dark aura mate. Dean gave his king a smile and a wink.

Then, his eyes grew wide all of a sudden. Dean whipped his head around, looking as if he'd heard something.

"Dean what's wrong?" Renee asked as they all noticed that the male seemed suddenly alert and attentive.

"My babies are calling me." He whispered, the sound being soft and relaxing to the mother, causing his dark energy to fade away, bringing back his normal self.

Seth smiled slightly at this. Dean's maternal instincts were finally kicking in. Only he had heard his children's cries—no one else did since the nursery was five floors above the observation deck. Randy and the others just exchanged looks and shrugged their shoulders, not knowing what was going on.

But a baby's cries or certain other noises that they make could always calm it's mother, no matter the situation. Seth smiled all the more so.

Dean let out an exhausted sigh and staggered slightly once he came out of his dark form. He stood away from the wall and made an attempt to reach the nursery, however, after just a step, he sighed and collapsed to his knees, eyes half open in a desperate attempt to stay awake.

"S-sorry... My body moved on it's own, I guess..." He muttered still trying to not fall asleep. He'd been running solely on adrenaline and raw instincts this whole time and now that he was calming down, his actions were starting to take their toll. He was still weak and still needed to recuperate.

Seth, anticipating this, gently pulled his mate to his feet, guiding the tired mother back towards the room their children were in. Dean looked like he was going to pass out on his feet, so Seth decided he might as well make sure there was something better for him to wake up to.

"I can't sleep now Seth... The Commander is still out there... He's after my babies..." He muttered trying to push his mate away. "They are still helpless and need me..."

"I'll wake you up long before that happens, Darling." His husband reassured, picking his mate up bridal style. "I'll watch over you all, both you and the kids, so you don't have to worry. For now, just go to sleep before you pass out again."

"Everything will be fine when you wake up, love, you'll see..." The father added.

"Are you...  Sure of this, Seth..?" The exhausted uke yawned, his eyes getting heavier and heavier by the second.

"I'm sure." Seth answered, giving his mate a kiss to the forehead as he carried him down the hall.

"But S-Seth... I don't want t-..."

Dean never finished his sentence as he went limp in Seth's arms.