40

Not too long after Seth left, Dean was awakened from his sleep by that sharp pain again. He groaned and sat up, his hand coming to wrap around his abdomen again. He looked around and saw that his mate was nowhere to be found. The blonde sighed and just as he stood from bed, his stomach lurched and he clamped a hand over his mouth, bolting into the bathroom. He barely made it before he violently puked.

His hands gripped the porcelain sides of the toilet as he emptied his stomach. No matter how hard he tried to stop, it kept coming. After five minutes or more of dry heaving, the weakened male managed to pull the handle and flush away his stomach's contents. He sat on the cool tile floor, panting heavily and wiped the bile from his mouth. He couldn't understand this. He hadn't eaten in two days and just the thought of food nearly made him sick again.

What the hell was going on?

The pain was so intense, he could do nothing but coil into a ball and whimper…

After a while, the wave of nausea and the pain left the ill male alone. A shaky breath escaped his lips as he barely stood and made his way back to bed. Dean sat on the edge of the bed, refusing to fall asleep again. He was tired of sleeping. With a sigh he looked around his enormous room until something caught his attention, making him tilt his head to the side a little.

There on the windowsill, basked by the moonlight was the small blue teddy bear that Seth had won for him at Tressa Park. Dean blinked, on the verge of tears.

How could he have forgotten?

He thought that he'd lost it somewhere. The blonde went over and picked up the stuffed animal, holding it close to his non-beating heart. He could smell his husband's scent all over it and it helped to ease his upset stomach.

He went back to sit on the bed, nuzzling his prized bear and smiled happily. Just then the door opened, catching his attention.

"Dean?" Seth said as he entered. "What are you doing up?"

"I couldn't sleep." His mate answered softly.

"You should be resting, love." He said, placing his mate back under the covers. "You're still too weak to be moving around."

"But, Seth I'm not sleepy." He complained.

"I know, Darling." He smiled softly, kissing his forehead.

"Here, I brought you something." He said as he sat beside him, pouring him a tall glass of fresh blood to his mate from a wine bottle. "This should help you get your strength back."

The male happily accepted the drink, downing nearly three glasses before he had his fill.

"Do you want anything to eat, love?" He asked kindly.

"Ugh!" Dean groaned, feeling his stomach turn. "Please don't say anything about food. I'm not hungry."

"Are you sure?" His mate nodded.

"Very well, then." Seth said as he stood. But Dean grabbed his wrist.

"Stay here with me." He pleaded. "I… I don't want to be alone right now."

Seth smiled down at his wife and removing his shoes, he sat up in bed beside his wife, easing him onto his lap as he wrapped his arms around his waist, one hand coming to rest on his stomach. Dean curled up against him, resting his head on his seme's chest, since it was one of the things that he loved so much about him. Both just sat there, enjoying the other's company.

"Seth?" He asked after a moment of silence.

"Yes Darling?"

"Where is everyone?" He asked, noticing that he couldn't sense anyone else in the palace, or on the premises for that matter.

"Everyone goes about their separate ways during Blood Lust, love. The king answered. "Those with partners leave to mate and those who have yet to find their Contra Attraction just keep to themselves for that period of time. They'll be returning shortly, with wounds and scars to prove it." He chuckled.

"So were you able to find Nia?" His wife asked.

Seth blinked. "For what?"

Dean lifted his head to gaze at his mate and raised a brow. "You said that you were going to find her to see what was wrong with me."

Seth sweat dropped. "I uh… Couldn't find her." He quickly lied. He still hadn't figured out how he was going to tell him the news. "Why? Do you feel sick again?"

Dean plopped his head back on his chest in disappointment and pouted, saying. "I couldn't sleep because the pain woke me up and I couldn't stop puking for like 10 minutes."

Then, he groaned as he leaned more on Seth. "My stomach's hurting again…"

Seth rubbed his back, trying to give him comfort. "Do you need to throw up again?"

"No." He groaned again as he clenched his eyes shut and bared his fangs in pain.

"Shh, calm down, love." Seth whispered to his distressed mate. "Just show me where it hurts."

"Here." His mate winced, taking his husband's hand and placing it on his lower abdomen.

Seth stood up from bed and gently laid his uke down, resting his head on the soft pillows. He then placed a hand back over the area and started to send small waves of red energy through Dean's belly.

Dean remained silent, contently sighing with his eyes closed once the pain disappeared.

When the Vampire King considered that the amount of energy he had supplied to his mate was enough, he stopped and asked. "Feel any better?"

A soft smile etched across his face as Dean sat up. "Yeah, it's completely gone. I can't believe it. What did you do?"

Seth smirked. "I just fed you with my energy to restore some of your strength."

Dean blinked in shock and the uke smiled gratefully up at his seme who lovingly smiled back. Then, he thought of something.

"Seth, if you knew that would help, then you know what's wrong with me, don't you?"

The blonde waited anxiously the response of the king who'd instantly grown silent.

"Yes Darling, you're... You're pregnant."