42

-Two weeks later

On the bed, Seth sat with his arms crossed across his chest. For the past two weeks, Dean had been unwilling to mention their little predicament and tried to act like nothing was wrong when around the others, even begging Randy not to say anything to the others about it. He seemed perfectly fine to all of their friends.

But Seth had caught him in the bathroom more than once, locked away and on the verge of a panic attack. His heart was breaking for his mate. He felt so guilty for what had happened.

Thinking it had been long enough, he stood up and went to the bathroom where Dean was bent over the countertop, staring at four different pregnancy tests. None of them had results yet, and Seth could see that Dean's nerves were about to get the better of him. He was paler than usual and his hands were restless. He kept drumming his fingers on the marble countertop.

"Hey love, why don't you come sit with me and wait a little while?" He asked, touching his arm. His wife shrugged him off.

"They're almost done. Just give me a minute."

Seth sighed. He leaned his back on the wall and stared at the ceiling, suddenly feeling useless and in the way. Silently, he waited for the tests to determine their fate.

It wasn't long before one of them ticked it's completion and Dean crouched over it to see his results. Soon after, the rest of them confirmed that they were done. His head darted from each test, eyes flickering wildly and dead heart on the verge of wanting to beat like a drum.

"They're all positive." He whispered.

Seth moved over to see if it was true, and to his surprise, each test either revealed a blue strip or a plus sign. His throat tightened.

"Seth, they're all positive!" Dean looked up at him. His face was the image of panic. "I'm fucking pregnant!"

He threw the test in his hand to the tiled floor. He dropped to his knees and his fingers wove themselves into his hair and he started to cry. "Dean, calm down." His mate said softly, pulling him into a tight hug.

"How am I supposed to calm down?" He sniffed. "I can't take care of a child, Seth, I'm a guy!! And we're in a war! What if something happened?! What am I going to do?!"

"We will figure something out, love." He reassured, kissing his temple. "I promise. You're going to be okay."

Dean sighed miserably and put his arms around his husband's neck.

"Two weeks ago we talked about terminating..." Seth said. "Is that what you want to do?"

"I... I think so."

"Okay." Seth nodded even though his heart had broken in two. "Then that's what we'll do."

"I want to do it this week."

"Roman and I have to train the new recruits all this week." Seth said, holding him closer. "Are you sure you'll be okay by yourself?"

"I can get Randy to take me." He told him. "He's the only other one that know about it... He'll understand."

"Alright." He pulled back from their embrace, thumbing away his wife's excess tears. "Do you want me to give you some time alone?"

"No!" Dean grabbed his arm. "No, I... I want you to stay here with me." His expression was pleading with him. "Please."

There was no way Seth could deny him now. He pulled his lover back to him and nodded. "Very well, then. I'll stay." Effortlessly, he lifted Dean into his arms and carried him back into their room to put him in bed.

It was late, the sun was high in the sky, and he desperately needed sleep. Once he was tucked underneath the covers, Seth slid in beside him and held him close. He tried to be there for Dean and tell him everything was going to be all right, but deep down he was just as scared.

This was his first time ever being a father, but it seemed like it just wasn't the right time. A bloodied tear fell from the king's eye as he slipped away to slumber with his mate.