20

-Back at Dean's place.

Dean teleported to his home only to find it was surrounded by police!

"What the hell?" He asked raising a brow.

"OH MY GOD DEAN!!!!" Nikki shouted from out of nowhere, wrapping her arms around Dean in a death-grip, right on the spot where Seth bit him.

"Ahh! Nikki, let go!!" He growled, shoving the girl off. She looked confused and heartbroken as the blonde rubbed the sore spot on his neck.

"What are you doing here this early in the morning?" He asked, for the sky was just starting to lighten with the dawn.

"Bayley called me and said that you went out looking for the Vortex Shards and hadn't come back yet." She explained. "We waited all night for you, but when you didn't show up, we were worried and called the police to do a search party for you."

"A search party? Nikki!" Dean began and then changed his mind. "Where's Bayley?"

"She's inside, but--"

Dean had zipped into his home before she could finish.

"Ooh, why does he always do that?!?!" She stomped in frustration.

"Bayley!"

"There he is!!!" One of the police officers named Tyler Breeze shouted, grabbing the vampire and hoisted him up for everyone to see.

"Hey, put me down!!!" The blonde protested, bopping the cop on the head.

"Ouch!!" He yelped, letting the blonde jump down to the floor.

"Dean!!!" The dark haired girl happily shouted, wrapping her arms around his brother, in the same exact spot that Nikki did.

"OW!!!" He gasped, rubbing the area again.

"Dean, are you alright?" Bayley asked.

"Yeah I'm fine, sis." He winced, rubbing the spot.

Bayley gasped. "Is that blood?!"

Everyone's attention turned to Dean who blinked before he removed his hand to see his clothes stained with dried blood.

"Oh that.." He sweat dropped. "Yeah, it's just a little blood, no biggie. I scratched myself while looking for the Vortex Shards that's all." He lied.

"Are you sure?" The chief of police, Shawn Michaels, asked with disbelief.

"I believe I know where I've been and what I've been doing, Chief." The hero replied, crossing his arms, glaring at the officer.

"But, Dean--"

"Anyway, Nikki told me that you sent a search party out for me." He interrupted Bayley, trying to change the subject. "Well, search over, I'm right here!!"

"Now, it's obviously too early in the morning for this." He added, faking a yawn. "I've been searching all night for the stolen shards and I've only managed to come across one so far." He said, showing off the red shard.

"I'll have to search for the others later on. So right now, I'd like to get a nice hot shower and some shuteye, if you don't mind. So, sorry for the trouble, but everything's fine. Go and get some doughnuts and a cup of coffee or something, nothing to see here." He chuckled, quickly shooing the officers out the door.

"We apologize for all the--"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I read you loud and clear, Chief Michaels!" The world-renowned hero said, slightly annoyed because he truly did want to get some sleep. "Have a nice day!!"