68

"Drones!!" The Alpha King shouted as he burst through the palace doors. Thousands of glowing eyes immediately snapped open at the sound of their leader's voice.

"The Matrix has encroached upon our territory and will be here shortly." Seth quickly announced as he and Randy faced the halls where the countless numbers of hibernating individuals now paid attention. 

"Organize into groups and fly out to all the residences that you can think of and warn the citizens!" Randy ordered.

"Once there, each of you are then assigned to a different household, quickly tell the residents of our situation, and transport them to our rendezvous point. Now move out!"

The halls became blackened with the beating wings of Drones as the vampire soldiers dropped from the ceiling and took to flight.

"What are your orders, Seth?" Randy asked as he ran alongside his king.

"Make sure that everyone in the palace and all those in business areas get out safely and to our rendezvous point above the SVC. And make sure to have Dr. Lynch onboard as soon as possible!" He quickly answered.

"What for?" Randy asked with worry.

"Just do it!!" Seth shouted as he and Randy shot off in different directions.

--------------------

Dean groaned in agony as he wrapped his arms around his aching stomach. He could feel his kids move within him and he panted heavily once the pain eased up for like ten minutes or so. He tried his best to stand, but he was having a hard time doing so. So, he slumped against the wall and hoped someone would hear his cries for help. And then, he heard voices.

"Seth?" He called out, but his eyes widened with shock.

"Hey, look what I found." said a Matrix soldier as he opened the bedroom door. Four more rookies came in behind them, their M16A2s in hand, and all eyes fell on the frightened vampire huddled in a corner.

"Guys, look, I think she's pregnant." One pointed out, mistaking Dean for a female, when they saw the creature protectively wrap it's arms around its large belly before it's face scrunched in pain as another contraction hit.

"Dudes, I think she's about to give birth." Said the first, taking note of this.

"Well, what do we do?" Another asked.

"Kill her." The leader of the group answered immediately, as he takes aim. "If she dies, then so does the child and that's one less vamp on our hands."

Dean gasped when they all took aim and placed their finger on the trigger. The Alpha Queen's scream mentally rang out to his mate and was immediately followed by multiple gunshots.