11

"Seth?" Dean whispered a brief moment of silence.

"Hmm?" The king said, opening a closed eye as he held his loved one close.

"If… If sharing memories is part of the marking process as you said, then… Why don't I know anything about you?"

Seth held the blonde closer and sighed.

"Well..." He began. "I don't know how you'll take it, but… Since you were the one marked… You can only receive my memories if we were to mate."

Dean's eyes went wide as he instantly grew tense. He looked into the eyes of his Alpha with fear and uncertainty.

"Seriously?" He asked, raising a brow.

"I'm afraid so.." Seth replied.

Dean frowned slightly and rested his head back on the king's well-toned chest, looking away in slight embarrassment.

"But.." Seth added, making Dean's look up at him.

"If it'll make you feel better, I think it'd be better if I just tell you about my past. How's that sound?"

Dean smiled and snuggled closer into Seth's cold body. The fact that he was dead didn't seem to faze him at all.

"I'd like that."

"Very well, then." Seth smiled. "What would you like to know first?"

Dean thought for a moment and replied. "How old are you?"

Seth chuckled. "I am a very, very, old man, Dean do you really want to know?"

Dean looked up at him and pouted, crossing his arms. "If you know when I was born, then I want to know the same."

Seth snickered. "Alright, then. But I'm going to make this a little interesting. I'll give you my birthday and I'll let you do the math. If you're wrong, then I'll tell you my age."

"Seems fair enough, I guess."

"Roman and I were born on May 28, 1155, which was the 12th century during the High Middle Ages. Since this is May 2016, how old am I?"

Dean blinked in confusion, before furrowing his brow, deep in thought. Dean slid out of Seth's lap and plopped on the floor in front of him, his back to the king. Seth smiled, resting his cheek on his knuckles as he watched Dean count on his fingers, his legs on either side of the blonde with one knee drawn up to rest his elbow on. He snickered each time the blonde lost count and had to start over.

"Give up?" He laughed. 

Dean glared playfully back at him. "Yeah, why not?"

"I am eight hundred and sixty one years old, my Darling." He finally answered with a proud smile. "My next birthday is in a couple of days."

Dean's eyes grew wide and he just stared at the Alpha both in shock and in awe.

"Damn, you really are old."

Seth snickered. "To you, maybe. But to us vampires, I would still be considered a young adult, probably around in my mid-twenties. The oldest vampire to ever live just so happened to be an Alpha Queen, actually."

"How old was she?"

"She was born back in the A.D.s and lived for just about seven thousand years."

"Damn, she lived to be one pretty old hag, didn't she?" Dean laughed.

"That hag just so happened to be my twenty seventh great-grandmother, Dean. She was one of our most powerful rulers." Seth playfully glared, crossing his arms.