26

The vampire gang rode through the streets of Cincinnati, Dean enjoying the cool night air. The blonde sighed contently resting his head on Seth's shoulder. Riding Seth's bike was fun, he had to admit.

I just wish I could be riding something else of his.

He suddenly thought.

He snapped his head up, blushing like crazy, mentally screaming.

Where the hell did that come from?!?!

"You alright back there, Dean?" He heard his mate ask.

"Y-Yeah." He frowned slightly, rubbing his head as a major headache was coming on.

What Dean didn't know was that Seth heard him through their mental connection and was blushing as well. He could also sense that he was in pain and instantly grew worried.

This shouldn't be happening to him yet. It's way too soon.

The Alpha thought.

Just then the sound of sirens snapped him from his thoughts. All the vampires perked up and they looked behind them to see three police cars.

"You, on the bikes, pull over!! You're under arrest!!!" Shouted the officer over the intercom.

"Oh shit, it's the 5-0!!" Sami yelled speeding up.

"Sami, wait!!" Randy shouted as he and Seth quickly followed, the cops giving chase.

The three bikes and their riders zipped through the streets of downtown. Since it was now midnight, not that many cars and people were around which was a good thing.

"What the hell do they want?!" Dean asked, holding on tight.

"Sami!!" Seth shouted.

"I'm on it!!" He shouted back, placing two fingers to the side of his skull.

Concentrating, the Canadian was able to focus and reach the mind of one of the officers. The cop under his control immediately grew silent, his face emotionless as if in a trance (which in this case, he was).

Tell us why you are pursuing us!

The vampire mortal hissed, his voice echoing through the man's mind.

"Capture the jewel thieves." The cop stated, his voice bland and monotone.

"You alright there, Anderson?" His partner asked.

"Oh crap." Sami gasped, breaking the mental connection.

"What? What is it?" Seth asked, the group shooting through the back streets and alleys of Cincinnati as more cars joined in the high-speed chase.

"They're after us because we took the Vortex Shards!"

"WHAT?!?!" Randy yelled, before a shot rang out and he ducked as the bullet whizzed past his head.

"Are they shooting at us?!?!" Dean panicked. His question was answered when more shots were fired, some of the cops leaning out of their car windows and shooting at the motorcyclists. The vampires zigzagged in and out of traffic all while under the rain of gunfire.

"Seth, do something!!" His mate yelled, holding on tight. Seth growled and reached down, pulling out something from underneath his pants leg.

Seth took a quick look behind him and fired, sending a bullet straight through the windshield of the closest police car!

"Seth!!" Dean gasped, not believing his husband's actions. "That's not what I meant!!!"

The next thing he knew, Renee and Randy were firing back as well.