39

Moonlight shone in through the thick curtains of the Alpha King and Queen's bedroom, awakening Seth. He opened his glowing eyes and closed them for a moment, mumbling something under his breath. So he stirred and sat up, stretching and showing off his muscular body. His perked up when he heard the faint shuffling beside him. He gazed over to see his beautiful mate turn over and curl up closer to his side, giving a content sigh in his sleep. The brunette smiled and gave his queen a gentle kiss on the cheek. Slowly, the blonde stirred and opened his beautiful glowing baby blues. The king's smile grew, extremely proud to have such a rare jewel to call his own.

A soft smile spread across his face.

"Good morning Seth." Dean cutely smiled, his head coming to rest in his husband's lap, his hair a mess after their little bangarang in the bed last night.

"Good morning, my queen." He replied.

"How are you feeling?"

"Tired." Dean chuckled softly, humming as his husband rubbed his back, before adding. "And sore."

Seth blinked and chuckled sheepishly. "My apologies, love."

Dean smiled and slowly sat up, wincing slightly as he sat on his ass, and met his lover in a passionate lip-lock. "It was all worth it."

"I'm glad to have you back, Darling." Seth admitted as he eased Dean onto his lap and happily hummed to himself while nuzzling his neck, wrapping strong arms around a thin waist.

"I'm glad to be back, Sethie." Dean murmured with closed eyes, resting his head on his chest, nearly falling back to sleep. The king smiled at his new pet name.

"We're a mess." Seth chuckled, gazing at their bruised and slightly bloody bodies.

"Gee, I wonder how did that happen." The very tired blonde mumbled, making his husband laugh.

"How does a relaxing and steamy bath sound?" The older male replied, nuzzling his tan cheek against pale.

"Sounds good to me."

Seth stood from the bed and picked up his weakened mate bridal style, retreating to the master bath.

Both vampires were enjoying the hot water of the pool-sized under mount bathtub, the entire bathroom actually being the size of a freaking spa!

Seth was gently washing Dean's hair as the younger male sat between his legs leaning his head on his husband's chest. He was still buzzed from feeling the fingers of his husband massaging his head with delicacy.

"Do you like it?" Seth whispered, a satisfied expression on his face. He adored the way he could make his mate smile.

"Mmm... It's nice." Dean replied, his eyes closed, while lazily caressing Seth's thighs.

"Tell me, love... Do you have any regrets?" Seth asked after a moment of silence. Dean's opened his eyes.

"About what happened?" He asked. Seth nodded. "Of course not, Seth. Why'd you ask?"

"Tell me the truth, Dean." The king said. "Given the chance to choose the mortal, heroic life you once had or the dark road you've taken now, which would you choose? Would you change anything?"

Dean was unsettled, sensing Seth's sudden angst, that wasn't normal.

"I'd choose the dark road all over again." He answered with firm determination. "Why do you feel so insecure all of a sudden, Seth?"

"I don't know.." He sighed. "I was just thinking that you've given up so much in the last few weeks-your mortality, your friends, your fans... Bayley. You've sacrificed it all just to remain by my side and not once have you complained. And now I feel that I've been rewarded with something so precious, that you are more than I deserve. But you, on the other hand, have lost so many things in such a short period of time that maybe... Maybe you'd think you ought to have something better as well."