51

From his perch on the rooftop of his old home, Dean could see all across his old neighborhood, his eyes glowing eerily in the night. Nothing seemed to have changed so far. The vampire stood and uttering the three words once more, he silently transported inside.

Dean appeared in his bedroom, and just in time, for the sky was just starting to light up outside, the dawning of a new day. Pausing for a moment, he took time to look around his room and was surprised that the bed was actually made and his entire room was clean.

Whoever that volunteered to clean it must have been a god or something.

Dean quietly walked through the rest of the house, gazing on in amazement at how neat everything was. He looked at old pictures still hanging on the wall in the living room and stopped at one on his fireplace in particular, bringing a smile to his face.

It was a picture of him and Bayley covered in paint, having finished putting the final touches on their new plane, the Phoenix, Dean took the picture in his hands and was lost in memories for a moment. He then looked on and saw a picture that gave him the complete opposite reaction. It was a picture of Dean, Kevin, Charlotte and their new friend at that time Sasha, all standing in front of the Main Vortex Shard right on top of the mountain where it was guarded,

Bayley having been left out since she took the picture. Dean let out a low growl as his curls bristled and he placed the picture face down as he tucked the one of Bayley and The Phoenix into his pocket for safe keeping.

Suddenly, Dean perked up and he whipped his head around to see the doorknob to the front door turning. He instantly panicked, but with quick thinking he used his new shadow-shaping abilities and melted into the blue wall, out of sight.

The door turned to reveal the last person that he expected to see— Bayley

The girl stepped inside and just stood there for a moment, looking all around the room, obviously lost in memories as well.

"Dean.." She suddenly said to no one in particular. "If you can hear me, I hope you'll enjoy this."

The young girl pulled something from out of a medium box that she'd been carrying. Bayley held the wooden item in her hand and sadly smiled, sniffing and wiping away a few tears.

"The people of Cincinnati wanted to tear down your house Dean." She said aloud, her eyes turned heavenward. "But I wouldn't let them. Remember all that money that I was saving up for college?"

Unknown to Bayley, Dean nodded.

"I gave it up." She continued, wiping away tears. "I used it to buy this spot of land and your house to make it into a museum for all those who still saw the good in you."

Dean was speechless and watched on in shock.

"I miss you so much Dean, and you'll always be a hero in my book." Bayley cried as she placed the rectangular wooden item on the fireplace, sitting the picture back up of Dean and the others.

Then, a soft knock came to the door, catching her attention.

"Bayley?" Dolph who stood out on the porch. "Is it alright to come in?"

"Yeah." Bayley sniffed, wiping away her tears. "Come on in, Dolph."

The 16-year-old entered and with a sad smile on his face, hugged the young girl.

"I miss Dean, too." He said as tears welled up in his eyes. "I don't think he meant to hurt Nikki and he didn't deserve to die like that."

"I know.." Bayley sighed sadly, her namesakes drooping to the floor.

"I brought something for him." Dolph smiled.

"Really?" Bayley blinked.

He nodded, pulling out something from his pocket. "It's for the museum."

Dean silently watched on as the platinum blonde placed two sheets of paper on the living room table.

"We still love you Dean." Dolph said aloud as he held Bayley's hand, their fingers intertwined. Bayley could only smile and tighten her grip.

"Come on, Dolph." She eventually said. "We should get outta here."

The boy nodded and after they both took one good look around again, they closed the door and exited the house, walking down the street together, hand in hand.

Dean phased from out of the wall and his face was drenched in tears. He wanted so badly to reach out and hug his sister, to thank her, and to tell her how much she meant to him. He missed her terribly and was glad that she and Dolph were starting to get closer.

Maybe he is what Bayley needed to keep her off her mind. Dean had Seth and now, Bayley had Dolph. When he looked at what his two friends had left behind all he could do was smile.

An obituary to his memorial service that was held over a month ago, a hand-made painting of Dolph, Pancake, Dean, and Bayley and a wooden plaque indicating that Dean's house was now a museum open to the public and Dean-lovers alike were all added to the living room display as Dean pulled out his blue shard and transported away.