69

Seth ran and pushed his way through all the panicking vampires that flooded the halls. The Matrix was inside the palace now and laying waste to all that stood in their way. He could hear their gunshots and explosions. He could hear women screaming and children crying. The city was in ruins. Choppers filled the skies and troops stormed the area, everything was going up in smoke, and the first snowfall fell outside as the Land of the Architect was brought to it's knees and destroyed by The Matrix.

It was the first snowfall when The Matrix took his family away from him all those centuries ago. He just prayed that history wasn't about to repeat itself. He mentally cursed himself for not being able to transport to his mate, for it required complete concentration and focus on his part. But, his mind was too wrapped up in all the happenings around him and in the thought that he'd be too late.

Finally making it past all the havoc downstairs, Seth sprinted to his bedroom but was met by more Matrix soldiers. His eyes glowed brighter as his instincts took over and in a crimson streak, blood splattered the walls and some twenty soldiers lay dead or dying, convulsing as they drowned in their own blood from their slit throats.

"Dean!!" He shouted as he burst open the bedroom door. His eyes widened in horror at the carnage before him. Gunshots and blood covered the bedroom walls as dead soldiers lay sprawled out at his feet. 

His heart dropped when his mate was nowhere in sight.

"D-Dean?" He managed to say as his voice choked up, bloodied tears welling up in his eyes as the king frantically looked around for his love. The brunette was about to break down when his sensitive hearing picked up the slightest sound of movement. Seth whipped his head around and saw that the noise was coming from the large bedroom closet.

He rushed over and right when his hand was about to touch the knob, the closet door flung open and he was roughly pinned to the ground, nearly knocking the breath out of him. Seth snapped open his eyes to have one very large and very pissed panther snarling down at him, his powerful jaws dripping with blood.

"What the- Diablo?!?!" He said in disbelief. "What are you doing here?!"

"Seth?!" Came a distressed voice from inside the closet.

"Dean!" He said as the full grown panther leapt off him, seeing that it was one of his masters.

Seth was onto his feet in seconds as he looked inside the walk-in closet.

"Seth!!" Dean screamed, throwing his arms around his husband's neck when he ran over and knelt down beside him.

"Oh, thank God, I thought I'd lost you!!" Seth wept as he happily embraced his wife who also cried as well.

"I'm sorry, Seth, I'm so sorry about everything I said." Dean kept on repeating as he trembled. "Just please... Please don't leave me again."

"I'll never leave you again, I promise." Seth promised happily as he tenderly kissed his wife's cheek, neither male having let go of the other yet. Seth looked over at Diablo who sat off to the side licking at a few bullet wounds, and gratefully thanked the feline, having realized that he was with Dean the whole time and appeared just in time to protect his mate before Matrix soldiers could get to him.

The deadly panther purred happily in return, for it was his way of thanking Dean for saving his life as well.

Seth could then feel Dean tense up and wince slightly in pain.

"Darling, what's wrong?" He asked as he looked his wife in the eyes. Dean removed a hand from his husband's neck and placed it on his belly. Seth looked to see that the insides of his mate's legs were wet as well as the floor beneath him.

"M-My water broke, Seth, and I… I went into labor half an hour ago." He said in between pants.

Dean's eyes were filled with worry as he managed to say. "They are coming early."

Seth was screaming his head off on the inside, but he didn't let his mate know that. He had to be strong and support him at a time like this. With fast thinking, he pulled a thick cloak from one of the racks and wrapped his laboring uke to keep him safe and warm from the cold since it was the first week of January and carefully picked him up bridal style. And just in time too, for he could hear more humans enter their bedroom suite.

Diablo rushed over and stood protectively in front of the royal couple just as the Commander stepped into the bedroom. Both the human's and the king's eyes widened in surprise as seeing one another face to face, but before the Commander could take out his gun and shoot.

"Vortex Shard ignite!!"

The Alphas and Diablo were long gone.