66

-At The Matrix Headquarters.

"You wanted me, Commander McMahon?" Charlotte said as she sauntered into the man's office.

"Ah yes, as a matter of fact, I did, Charlotte." The silver haired man said. "You're just the person I wanted to see."

Charlotte crossed her arms over her chest and listened as the man continued. "You and Kevin Owens have a rather personal relationship together, am I right?"

Charlotte's face instantly turned pink with a blush, her eyes wide.

"W-What do you mean?" She managed to ask.

"Kevin Owens is the Guardian of the Master Vortex, is he not?"

"Yes?" She replied, wondering where he was going with this.

"Well, I have reason to believe that that Shard is the key to finding out the hideout of those wretched creatures of the night."

"You mean those vampires that you and your ancestors have been hunting down for centuries?" She asked with a hint of boredom in her voice.

"Exactly!" He said, standing up from his large office desk. All Charlotte did was roll her eyes in annoyance as she mumbled. "Here we go again."

"For as long as I can remember, my ancestors have been at war with the vampire clan." He said as he gazed out his huge office window with his hands behind his back. "And with the information that my family has passed down from generation to generation, I have come to the conclusion that there is only one way that we can locate their secret lair."

"And what would that be?" Charlotte asked with little interest as she filed her nails.

"Vampires all have a energy pulse which acts as a heartbeat for their kind. With the help of the Master Shard, we will be able to locate where a large amount of Vortex energy is that aren't the Vortex Shards and that would pinpoint our location to a Vampiric hideout."

"So, you want me to ask Kevin to let you borrow the M.S. so that you can go on a vampire treasure hunt?" She asked, to sum up what he wanted.

"I don't care if you have to steal that overgrown shard from your boyfriend." The man frowned with a slight hint of obsession in his tone. "Bring that shard to me. And the Guardian as well, only Kevin is able to understand the Master shards powers, so he may prove useful in our findings. This war with the vampires has been going on for long enough. It is time to end this."

With her assignment given, Charlotte immediately left the room and took to flight to complete the task at hand.

The Commander stood, gazing out the window once more, only this time there was a triumphant smirk on his face.