65

It had been a few weeks since little Crystal was born and everyone was ecstatic at the birth of the new Beta. 

Everyone but a certain Alpha, that is. 

Dean had been on edge since his panic attack and Seth had yet to leave his side. His mate held him in a loving embrace, but an uneasy feeling had been looming over him over the last couple days.

"Darling, you need to eat something." Seth sighed after he offered his mate lunch, only for him to turn it down.

"I'm not hungry, Seth." Dean mumbled as he pushed the tray away, turning over in bed with his back to his husband. Seth sighed in frustration, for Dean had been keeping this up for the past four days, but decided to let it slide for now.

"Dean, if you don't eat something, you'll be depriving the kids of all the nutrients that they need to grow." 

Seth could actually see Dean tense at the mere mention of their children, but he remained quiet.

"Alright." He sighed as he carefully sat down beside his pregnant uke. "Do you at least want to think of names for them since we only have three more weeks before they get here?"

Dean merely looked over his shoulder at his husband with a blank expression. "What, what's wrong?" Seth asked, raising a brow.

Dean groaned in frustration as he sat up, saying. "Seth, can we try to change the subject, please?"

Seth blinked in confusion. "But why? What for?"

"Nothing." Dean huffed as he swung his legs over the side and tried to stand. "Just forget that I ever said anything."

Right when he was about to stand, Dean was grabbed by the arm and quickly pulled back down to bed.

"Alright Dean, I have had enough of your attitude lately." Seth frowned, for he was truly fed up. "So, I will only ask you one more time: What is wrong with you?"

"Let go of me!!" Dean shouted as he snatched his arm out of his husband's grip. "Have you ever thought that I may want to talk about something besides the kids for once?!"

"But no, you don't care about me at all anymore!" He cried, bloodied tears streaming down his face. "All you seem to care about are your kids!! You don't give a damn about me!! So no, I'm not answering your question, because you wouldn't understand!"

"I would if you'd just tell me!" Seth shouted, grabbing him by the arm again to keep him from storming out of the room.

"I said I'm not telling you and that's final!!" Dean hissed, trying to squirm his way out of Seth's grip.

"Dean, quit being so stubborn and tell me." Seth said, as he tightened his grip on his hormonal mate, making Dean flinch slightly.

"Why can't you just leave me alone?!" Dean cried, mostly this time because of how strong Seth's grip was on him.

"I won't leave you alone until you tell me because I want to help!!"

For Dean, the emotions that he had kept bottled up inside were just too much.

"I'm scared, are you happy now?!?!" He screeched at the top of his lungs, finally giving up. "I'm scared, Seth!! I'm afraid because I don't know what is going to happen and I'm jealous of you!!! You will never have to suffer and go through all the pain that I'll have to bear! And I'll have to endure this four times!! Just hearing Finn scream when he gave birth to Crystal made me panic, so how the HELL do you think I'll act when it's actually happening to me?!?!?!"

By then, Dean was on the floor, having slipped out of his husband's grip with his face buried in his hands, crying his heart out. And Seth could see the bruises already forming on his arms from where he'd held him too tight.

"Dean, I-" He began, reaching out to touch his overly stressed-out mate only to get a slap on the face.

"DON'T YOU FUCKING TOUCH ME SETH!!!!!" Dean screamed. "Just get away from me! Just get away and leave me alone…. Please.." He begged as he curled up in a ball, his hands coming to rub at his heavily bruised and sore arms.

To say that Seth was heartbroken was an understatement. All he'd wanted was to know what was wrong. But, he'd found out in the most horrible of ways, by scaring and hurting his mate.

With a hurt sigh, Seth carefully moved around his trembling mate and with one last look to his love, he slowly left the room to at least give Dean that comfort. 

When Dean finally heard the door to their bedroom close, he let all his emotions out by throwing things and screaming before staggering and sliding down the corner of a wall, panting heavily to curl up on the floor and whimper even more.

But this time, the whimpers were because of the slight cramps that were starting to come from his lower abdomen and pelvic area.