Nightmare

Prompt: The door you had locked, is wide open

Ship: L x reader

All was silent inside taskforce headquarters. It was late at night and like usual, I was the only one still awake. The only sound I could hear was the loud thunder from the storm raging outside.

I looked at the other side of the bed, where (First name) should be sleeping peacefully.

Except she isn't there. I looked over at the clock on her side of the bed. It was only 3:20, much too early for her to be up.

Maybe she got a sudden craving or was thirsty? No, she would have asked me to get it.

Unless she got it herself because I had actually been asleep. She is always telling me to get some sleep, because parenthood will be very exhausting.

I entered the kitchen, but (First name) wasn't there either.

I left our suite, locking the door behind me, before heading to the monitor room. I started up  the monitors and my computer.

I needed to find my pregnant wife. She is close to term and I need to know where she is in case she needs me.

I couldn't find her anywhere but I did notice something strange.

The door to our suite was open, even though I know I locked it.

I went back to the suite, expecting to see (First name), but I found a note instead.

L,

If you want to see your precious wife again, come to the roof.

The was no signature. I took the elevator back up to the floor with the monitor room, but I took the stairs outside the monitor room, which will lead to the roof.

The storm will still going strong, and I was worried for my wife. She really shouldn't be up here in this kind of weather.

The storm had apparently knocked the lights I had installed up here, because it was dark, and I couldn't see anything.

Until I came across two figures. One was laying down and the other was hunched over it.

As I got closer, I realized that the first figure was my wife, who wasn't moving.

The second person was wearing a dark sweatshirt with the hood pulled up to hide their hair. Their face was bent low, staring at my wife. I could hear maniacal laughter coming from the person.

"Did you really think you could win so easily L? Well, you were wrong! I am the God of this world! You could never defeat me and (First name) paid the price for your mistake." The hood fell, and I saw that it was Light Yagami.

Light Yagami killed them. Kira killed my wife and unborn child.

I grabbed the man who dare harm the most important things in my life. He would pay.

We fought, trading kicks and punches, not paying attention to where we were until Kira punched me and I slammed into the railing, flipping over it from the force of the blow.

The last thing I saw as I fell was Light Yagami's evil grin.

I hit the ground, startling myself awake.

Instead of the sidewalk, I found myself on carpeted floor, with my dark grey fluffy blanket wrapped around me.

Was that all a dream?

No, it was a nightmare.

I sighed, as I started to calm down. More awake now, I got off the floor.

This is why I don't sleep.

I turned to gaze at my wife, but she wasn't there. Just like in my dream. The clock on her nightstand read 3:20, just like it did in my dream.

I jumped up, and ran out of our suite, not bothering to lock it this time.

I found her in the main kitchen, baking.

"(First name)? Why are you baking at 3 in the morning?" I asked her and she turned and smiled at me.

"Morning Lawliet! I couldn't sleep, and I just wanted some chocolate cake, but we don't have any left, so I decided to make one. It should be done soon, if you want some."

"Why didn't you wake me? You know I would've helped." I asked, a little shaken up from the nightmare, and waking up to finding the bed empty.

"You were finally sleeping for the first time in two weeks. I didn't want to wake you."

"You should have."

My body was shaking a bit, and I think she finally noticed because she walked over to me and wrapped her arms around me.

"Another nightmare Lawliet?" She asked softly, and I could only nod. Now that she is here, I am able to calm down.

Kira did not kill her, nor could he ever hurt her. Light Yagami had died 2 months ago after we had covered him and got him to confess. Both of the deadly notebooks were also destroyed, so we shouldn't have to deal with any new Kiras emerging.

We ended up spending the rest of the night cuddling on the bed watching anime and eating chocolate cake.