Handing in our report

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

It was now a week from when we completed our mission and four days after I had been found by Yami. Charmy and Asta gobbled all the food I made for breakfast. Luck and I were playing chess at the table. He was very good at it and it was a less aggressive way to fight. Yami came in and addressed us, smoking as usual.

"Oh Shrimp, good job but you were in tatters again"

I felt relieved he didn't address me being injured. I continued playing with Luck at a quick pace. Gordon on my right, sitting and watching. Gauche was sitting a bit further away but kept showing pictures of his cute sister. She looked adorable. Then, Yami gave us our orders.

"You look like you're able to walk now, so head over to the Magic Knight's Headquarters and give them your report."

Luck perked up and stuck his tongue out. He must want to go to fight strong people. Yami picked up on it too since he told Luck he wasn't going but instead was going on a mission with Magna. He stuck his hand out with a cheery expression to Magna. Magna immediately panicked if this was the real Luck. Charmy tried to go but was denied too because she would eat all day.

"Ghost maid, you're going too"

"Yes captain"

I gave a small salute before continuing my game with Luck. He was dominating the whole board but I wouldn't let him win. Eventually, he won though and I sat there a bit bitter. I realised Luck's strategy was to distract me... and it worked. I grumbled slightly and left for a bath, quickly going to my room to take my clothes.

Once that was done, Asta, Noelle and I headed over to the Magic Knight Headquarters. Noelle scolded Asta for yelling out loud how cool the palace looked from far. The houses were massive. We were walking in the town and saw the other three. Yuno, Klaus and Mimosa. Asta ran over to Mimosa to thank her but she ran away with her face flushed red. Odd.

Mimosa was conversing with Noelle about her feelings. Klaus was checking Asta all over and asking about his health. I observed the situation with a small smile on my face. I could hear the two girls squealing in the background. It seems neither of them picked up on my presence. Yuno looked unhappy so I decided to wave my hands above my head. Finally, they noticed me.

"Hey everyone!" I said cheerily

The Golden Dawn team eyes widened. Klaus walked over to me, bent down and hugged me. Eh? I blinked in confusion wondering where the stuck up noble went. He was shooting thousands of questions at me but I couldn't process everything. I was swirling from the questions. I tried answering them. Suddenly, my shoulder felt wet. I pulled his face away by cupping his face. He shed a few tears.

Klaus was crying.

Giving him a smile, I wiped away his few tears with my sleeve. I laughed a bit and blew gently on his face to help him get rid of his red face. It worked, that was good. I reassured him everything was fine. I took his glasses off and wiped them with my clean sleeve before putting them back on his face.

"There we go, it's alright, I told you guys I would be fine"

"I-I am so sorry for misjudging you. You put your life on the line for us, thank you"

Not used to compliments, I flushed a bit and gave him a pat on the back. I moved away from him and went to over to Yuno. We both smiled at each other although his was a small one that dissepeared almost instantly. I stayed by Yuno's side and interwinded one of my fingers with his. It was a nice gesture.

Then, the Magic Emperor came out. He raised one hand and waved at us. I forgot his name but I waved back. Yuno and Asta were confused. They didn't know the Emperor until Klaus introduced him by gushing over him. He invited us into one of the towers. I couldn't help but look in awe around me.

Julius was giddy, he wanted to see our magic so Yuno showed him his grimoir with the text from the dungeon. Clearly, he was in awe. He looked at it before handing it back. Asta showed his and produced the second Anti-magic sword he got. Julius grabbed it but he gave it back quickly. It absorbed his magic which is why only Asta could use it. Then, he looked at me with shining eyes.

"Well, I didn't get any special magic from the dungeon but I did get to kill the fire creature in my dream there. So now I can use fire magic but I can't control it at all. Sorry"

Julius looked sad since he wanted to see it in action. I assured him he would next time. Asta finally asked the question he wanted. How to be the next Magic Emperor. Klaus said it was by being benevolent and protecting the kingdom but he was told he was wrong by the Emperor himself. Julius took on a serious look and his eyes darkened. The cheerful aura dissepeared and the tension grew heavy.

"It's results"

He explained his answer.

"You can't protect anyone with just pride, trust is when you've proven your results. Producing results show you're the best, it's the only thing that counts if you can't , you dont deserve to be near the top."

Julius's eyes peered down at us with his serious cold look. Asta and Yuno clenched their fists while I clenched my grimoir. They both smirked.

"That's what I was hoping to hear!"

Asta and Yuno said with determination. Julius let a smile grace his face. He looked at us proudly and started laughing. The tension was no longer in the air and the room warmed up. He invited us to join the medal presentation before turning his back to us.

The massive door slowly opened. There stood the vice captains and lieutenants. As well as lieutenants. It didn't deter us however. Instead fueling the fire.

"So do you think you'll be able to produce more results than these guys?"

A/N: Thanks for reading! Should Julius be a love interest? Let me know