Royal Knight Exams

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

'You're so gullible (M/N). You should've never trust humans nor elves. Only me'

"Who are you?"

'Chaos'

-

Today was the day, for the Royal Knights Exam. I stood in the stadium with everyone else but I got a bit lost it seemed. I ended up in one of the wrong places. Not sure how, but Luck fetched me and brought me over. He simply smiled and called me silly while booping my nose. His magic detection must be good if he was able to find me.

"(M/N) I'm so glad you're doing well!"

Klaus was all over, making sure I was alright. I moved away from him out of him invading my personal space. I reassured him I was fine before he moved onto Mimosa. I could sense that both of them improved their magic. Asta came over and we all talked about who is going to become a royal knight.

Leopold joined in our conversation. He exclaimed that he was going to become a Royal Magic Knight. Luck and Magna were weirded out when they saw Finral. The king came out and explained the rules to us before the Magic Emperor explained the reasons behind it. I was on Asta's team with a guy named Zach Rugner. Then, Zora came out from above.

Casually, Zora slung an arm around the Magic Emperor's neck, he apologised for being late. He introduced himself as Zach Rugner. I looked at him in confusion because I thought he said his name was Zora Ideale. I gripped my hair in confusion before realising he might've been pretending to be some. It looked like Julius caught on too.

Everyone was mad at Zora yet he didn't care as he casually introduced himself to Asta. They were about to shake hands until a foul odor came from his hand. A stink bug. I laughed a bit because I thought Asta's Ki would detect it. Zora shot me a look as he seemed highly amused as he walked over to me and leaned in. He got really close to me and I flushed slightly.

"D-Don't do that. You're too close"

"You're going to be fun to prank I see"

Just then, the matches were announced and my group would be the first ones to go. I saw Ouvern in the crowd giving Asta and I a proud dad look. We went to the battlefield and saw our team saw the crystal. This would be the one we have to protect.

'Nature's Protection: Blessed Shield'

Asta and Mimosa were trying to talk strategies to Zora but I quickly put up a shield when I felt an incoming shot. The shield protected the other shot and Mimosa thanked me by wrapping my shield in her vines too. Asta tried to make us work together but Zora started sleeping. I made him a blanket and covered him since his chest was exposed and he might get cold.

"Oi (M/N)! He should be awake!"

"But he's sleepy and he might be cold!"

"No, let's get going!"

Mimosa and I exchanged plans. I would attack from above while Asta deflected all incoming attacks. I charged forward as the offense and climbed the trees before being jumping upsidedown in the air to unleash my flames.

'Hell's Blast: Riot Ignite'

My flames completely engulfed the area on a large scale. It nearly took down all three members but they were all still trying to get our crystal despite the horrible burns that got their shields and them. Safely, I landed on the ground and made a run for the crystal. I turned around once I got there and saw our crystal about to be destroyed... I made a shield for myself at that exact moment.

Boom!

All the surrounding area after my shield was taken down was destroyed. I didn't think twice and smashed the crystal with my vines. Zora came over while I was almost done and took the final piece. He gave a speech about how those who lose don't deserve to be a magic knight and should be ashamed of themselves. I stared at his trap magic in awe. Soon, Asta came over and yelled at him about teamwork but Zora wasn't interested at all.

Grabbing Zora's collar, Asta got hit by his magic which was the stink bug. Asta backed off as I examined the area, noticing his mana all over the place. He must've trapped the place the day before. I walked up next to Zora as he was leaving the battlefield. I caught up easily despite his long legs. He still didn't notice me. He must've forgotten me already. Mimosa questioned him as he was leaving about his large magic attack.

"You set up your traps the day before didn't you?" I questioned softly so only Zora's ears would pick up. He stiffened slightly before smirking and turning to me. He leaned down laughed in my face calling me an idiot before leaving. I got all red from embarrassment. I didn't like being teased.

"You called me an idiot but you didn't say I was wrong...meanie"

"That's the best insult you have? Aw you're an utter naïve idiot"

Keeping quiet, I ignored the meanie as he kept trying to tease me. I refused to be the lesser man so I grit my teeth and just kept quiet despite me trembling fists. At that moment, I decided to laugh at myself for getting so worked up over nothing. He stared at me as I brushed him off and left the battlefield.

Watching, I stood next to Yuno with my index finger holding his index finger and middle finger. Magna won the battle with the help of his teammates. I guess it was a really pretty battle, a bit too pretty with all the petals. Like an overdramatic love confession I once read in a novel. We looked to the board for the next match and there was a 'X' in one team. That person was revealed to be Rill.

"(M/N)! I missed you, my friend!"
Somehow, he spotted me and gave me a big hug while twirling around me in a circle. It was cute honestly. He had a big smile and his butler came to offer me tea. I thanked him as I tried it with Asta. I told him that, I couldn't understand the flavour.

"Rill! I know, why don't you help me understand the flavour by panting it on the battlefield."

"That's a great idea!"

"I'm kidding Rill, concentrate on painting first for the battle."

"I will!"

"That's good"

A/N: If you've noticed, (M/N) has slowly been opening up. In the first chapter I wrote him to be a bit of a airhead who couldn't really interact. Now I feel like I've managed to write a person who's slowly opened up slightly. He's still very scared to trust. Let me know your thoughts! Thank you for reading.