Beach Time

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

"BEACH TIME!"

Everyone cheered as they ran onto the beach sand that was warm. Finral and Gray tried to catch some ladies with the twins that don't get along technique. Magna wore a fundoshi that Yami usually wears which Luck immediately zapped off with his lightning magic. I facepalmed at both of them acting like children especially when Magna's fundoshi fell off. I sat under the umbrella with Venessa.

Vanessa and I cheered our drinks although mine was just juice. I'm too scared to find out what I'm like when I'm drunk. Nero was in between us sitting on a pillow. We both had a good chat while Gray copied Vanessa from under another umbrella. We were supervising Charmy who was trying to break a watermelon.

"Say (M/N), why are you wearing a shirt at the beach?"

"Ah, you see I'm a bit shy about my body. It's not a big deal, I'm still having fun"

And to hide the pendant

"Even with no booze"

"Yes, in fact you can have all of mine"

"Ooh thanks~"

I got up from the chair and walked back to the lodge. I thought we were suppose to do work. I grabbed some pen and paper before heading back out to the cliff instead. I had a perfect view. I decided to draw out the terrain, if the temple was somewhere around here it would be better to have a map to guide us.

It felt good being in an area with lots of mana. I can see why it's called a mana zone. The pen made scratching noises against the paper as I sketched out the area. The temple was definitely underwater and would be in one of the more dangerous spots. That narrowed it down to a few places from what I saw. I closed my eyes and let myself feel the surroundings. The way mana flowed from one specific spot had me convinced that it was where the temple was at.

Crossing an 'X' on one spot of the ocean, I headed down only to see my teammates buried in sand. Was this a funeral? Wouldn't be surprised. Then I saw Yami and my brain put the pieces together. I listened to his information about the full moon being it's weakest point and how Noelle had to train real hard. If she didn't, well then we would be dead.

"This is a top secret mission, there are no substitutes. You'll have to do it in the next week till the full moon. You have to surpass your limits"

Casually smoking, he stood there watching his team struggle to get out. Pitying them, I helped them out of the ground. It took a lot of strength but I got them all out. I made sure that the map wouldn't fall out of my pockets. Yami noticed me and slightly shivered in shock. He got mad for me randomly appearing and tried to bury me too.

In response, I gave Yami a peace sign before he tried to catch me. I dodged with everything I had but I was getting worried he would catch me. Agility was my thing but he was called a titan for a reason. After a bit, I came to a stop on a large rock, he was still mad but he stopped too when I whipped out my map.

"This is what I was doing!"

Nervously, I handed it over to Yami and he took it. He stared at it for a moment with thin lips before getting a small smile. I still felt wary so I started moving away on the rock I was sitting on. I started running again the minute he jumped on the rock and he chased after me. Quickly, he caught me by the leg and lifted me in the air upsidedown.

"I guess you were doing work, nice job"

"If it's a nice job then why am I upsidedown?!"

"I felt like it"

The blood rushed to my head but I kept my calm as he jumped down from the rocks with one hand still holding me upsidedown. The world looked funny upsidedown yet I still didn't try to escape his grip. I don't have a death wish just yet. Letting my hands drag along in the sand, I sighed in exasperation.

Oof!

I fell face first into the sand but I stayed faceplanted for a few minutes. Honestly, I could hear Magna screaming in the background. I could hear Yami's footsteps becoming distant before he came back. He knudged my side with his foot before leaving to gamble somewhere.

I looked up and the map was in front of me. I sighed and put it in my pocket before joining Noelle and Asta in their training. I crossed to the otherside on the hill slope. I opted to train near the water on the quieter part of the beach with my fire and illusion magic. My grimoir flying open between the two alternating sections constantly. The seawater was great in case my fire was too much.

Every once in a while, I'd look up to see Noelle and Asta working hard and that inspired me to do better. It was probably hours until I was snapped out of my trance by a lovely melodic voice. I could hear their whole chat from down here. The girl, Kahono said the thing holding Noelle back was she was trying to suppress it too much that she loses control.

Basically, she's too worried about pouring in too much mana that she loses control over what little mana she put in. I clutched my hands in front of my face and wondered if I was doing the same thing. I watched as they trained for the next few hours.

Once Asta and Noelle left, I saw Kahono taking off into the ocean at a fast pace. I sensed her mana heading in the direction of the sea temple. I concluded she must be from there if she's able to come leisurely here.

The next few hours after sunset, I decided to take my training to a whole new level and let myself loose. I let my mana pour as much as it wanted into each alternating spell for the illusions and pyromancy spells. My flames went completely wild and were the size of a hill. I couldn't control it so I plunged my hands into the water until it extinguished. I kept trying until I had a bit of control.

It was way past Midnight, yet I still didn't have control. I could never control it since that one time. I fell onto my knees and took deep breaths before pushing myself back up and repeating the process. It was another hour in before I headed off to sleep. Sluggishly, I dragged myself back to the in and entered through my window before heading off to sleep.

A/N: Hello, thank you for reading! In so happy to see the comments