Licht Gets Serious

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

"How long has it been since I've gone all out?"

Yami questioned himself as dark magic came out his back and covered his sword. I could sense his mana increasing his overall strength rapidly. His technique to push himself off the ground to launch himself at Licht was spectacular. It distracted Asta, leaving himself open for Valtos's attacks. My vines moved Asta away from his current spot. I decided to switch over to my pyromancy side.

'Hell's Flames: Blazing Ignite'

Fire came out of my hands uncontrollably. This was bad, I wasn't in control, I guess I just have to surpass my limits. I let my fire take over and it crawled all the way up my arms, burning my sleeves of the shirt. The flames turned more blue and I could feel the pain but I welcomed it. There was a thin line between being in control and losing it. I'd have to balance this line. My eyes locked on Valtos as I swung my arm at him.

Narrowly dodging my attack, I picked up the speed until I started landing the hits. One to his shoulder, one to his stomach and one to his head. I didn't expect him to hit me in the back with his teleportation magic. I narrowly avoided it, but my flames extinguished which left him open to give me a good kick. I was sent flying back to Asta but I stood back up.

Yami continued fighting Licht as I wiped the blood from my mouth. He told Licht to continue his story which he complied with. He told us how the background we're born with was what separated us, giving them an excuse to hurt the bottom of the barrel with no one batting an eye. People could be starving while there was another with too much food but why would Licht fight fire with fire? Yami picked up on that too.

"I don't dislike that in people, but I can't stand you!"

Yami angrily yelled releasing more of his dark slashes. The dark magic actually cut through space itself. I stared in awe for a good moment before I got up to fight the zombie. I charged back at him with my vines instead. Growling, I went in with full force and used another big move.

'Nature's Anger: Ripping Thorns'

The ground exploded with massive vines going after Valtos who got hit once with them before teleporting away. However, that was already a win. The thorns had a poison that would make it feel like the body part it got was being ripped from inside out. Valtos screamed as I charged at him but Licht's light magic whip was too fast and caught my leg. Oh shit, here we go again. He threw me in the air before slamming me to the ground.

"That's my Ghost Maid, whoop his ass!"

During mid air, I changed my footing to be suitable for landing on my feet and grabbed the whip with hands, I swung around as I landed. My legs cracked and I felt numb before a sharp pain overtook me. This forced Licht into the air condition before I slammed him into the ground. I fell over as I noticed at least the muscles of my calves were definitely ripped.

Yami jumped back to where Asta was telling him to move himself and help fight that zombie in his own style. He didn't pick people who couldn't handle the job. Asta yelled out in agreement before attacking Valtos while I tried to pick myself up but I couldn't. I pushed myself off the ground with my arms, taking in deep breaths. Licht got back up and looked angry yet very amused.

"(M/N), you need to be punished for being so bad. I'm definitely taking you back now"

"Don't talk like that to Ghost Maid!That sounds so wrong! You're not getting him!"

Glaring at the man, I used my vines to move me away since my legs couldn't. Yami continued the battle with Licht while I looked over to Asta who had thrown away both his swords! He gave them up in order to sucker punch Valtos in the face. I cheered internally for Asta as I looked down to my legs. I definitely wasn't walking anytime soon. I grabbed them yet they felt like a bit like jelly. I must have shattered my bones.

My attention was taken away at seeing Yami make a massive black hole sucking in Licht's magic. Both of them seemed to be defeated, but Licht stood back up. He praised Yami's dark magic as it was the only natural threat to his. I took the liberty of letting vines harden around the bottom of my legs to act as braces so I could move. It worked yet I felt something ominous coming from Licht so I pulled Asta back towards me.

I was right, Licht was planning on using his biggest spell on us. I was going to have to make a stronger shield. My vines came out to the strongest they could be and encased themselves in Yami's dark magic to increase our overall defense. Would it be enough however? His large light attack came towards us but at the last second something happened. A large mirror appeared and reflected it all back to Licht.

"Amazing..." I muttered.

Yami ruffled Gauche's hair as he took credit for taking Gauche in when he was on the run. Therefore, all of this in Yami's view was thanks to himself. I just laughed as I got back up. Asta argued with Yami's opinion and in return Yami grabbed Asta's head really tight telling him not to get cocky. Finral laughed with a smile and said we all did our best but Yami and Gauche retaliated instantly.

"Except you.." Yami and Gauche said angrily.

Finral offered to pick me up since he seemed to notice my pain and discomfort. I never knew if he had the strength to pick me up but I guess he did since he was able to pick up the nun. I declined however and walked over to Licht. I wanted to apologise since he seemed to hate humans so much. Maybe he was an elf, my intuition told me to go with it. I hope that book about us betraying them wasn't true but I had a feeling it was. Finral gave me a confused look as I walked closer to Licht. I sat on the floor next to him.

"Hey, Licht... I read about the horrible thing we did to your kind and I want to say that I'm sorry. I'm really sorry..."

"I... can't forgive your kind just yet but you're just like the first Magic Emperor. You're very kind as well..."

Yami came over standing in front of me incase Licht tried to make any moves. He told Licht how it seemed that mirror magic was another natural enemy to light magic. Basically, making fun in his own way. Gauche walked up to me but Licht turned to him. He seemed to know Gauche or maybe he looked familiar. Yami asked if he knew Licht but Gauche denied it.

"The truth will come to light..."

Yami opened his grimoir in search of a magic binding spell. I adjusted myself to a more comfortable position as I pet the enemy's hair. I couldn't help it. It was just so pretty. Asta asked if I needed to be carried by him but I refused since Asta and Gauche were injured. Then, from a far, we saw three dark figures with a portal right above their heads. I cursed our bad luck and hoped more Magic Knights would come soon.

"I'm the laziest of the group, but I'll have to do something about my friend on the floor."

A/N: Thanks for reading as always, you all make me so happy!