Damnatio

Damnatio's View on (M/N)

Another Title: Damnatio goes super soft for someone he likes and author supports this. Cold people going soft for someone.

Damnatio P.O.V

The first time I met (M/N) wasn't actually a few days ago but rather a few years ago. A massive court case had summoned me to Hage Village and there someone tried to take advantage of me being alone. I could've easily dealt with them. However then he came along. He hung the people upside down with his vines as he ate a loaf of bread. He was quiet yet there was a look of amusement in his eyes. Playful yet cautious.

Did (M/N) know my position? Clearly not. He just thought he helped someone random out. I became intrigued when he ran off into the forest. I wanted to repay my debt to him but no one knew of his existence. I would be staying for a week yet two days in and there was no sign. That was until that day. I didn't expect to fall down a really deep slope and nearly off the side of a hill yet he came. His vines were sturdy as they wrapped around my torso and picked me up. His curious (E/C) scanning me while the vines kept hovering in the air. Curious and quiet was how I would now describe the boy a second time. Never making a move unless I did.

(M/N), that was the first time I got his name. The next few days I spent them with him. He was quite aloof and even scared at times of me despite it being over minor things such as the tone of my voice. He was the only I used a soft tone for. He was remarkably gentle and well mannered despite having no parents. I wanted to get to know him more. I never returned to that village. I never had any business there and a noble like me seeking out him would just bring unnecessary attention.

The next time I met him was a few days ago, I was quite familiar with the rumours of a helpful (H/C) (E/C) going by the name (M/N). I could feel his mana ever so slightly in that alleyway but it was enough to know that that was him. He helped without hesitation and even gave her his money. He noticed me by looking in my direction but paid no attention to it. I forgot we both liked black tea. I was going to buy the last box but he had already got it. I will admit I was in a slightly sour mood about it.

(M/N) had changed, but for the better when I spoke to him in the library. He could speak about topics so freely and I have to admit that it was really cute. I loved it when he agreed with me. I'm relatively glad we could talk about the justice system together. Although, soon he had to leave. I tried to invite him for a cup of tea yet he said he had to get back to his base. I saw his robes...the Black Bulls. That was surprising.

At first, I didn't want to put (M/N) on trial but I had to. If I could pass judgement onto my father who did a crime then I could pass judgement onto him too. It hurt and I felt guilty. He was definitely innocent but I insulted him heavily. Yet, he never tried retaliating about his claims. He even kept the other boy calm. Only a few times when I insulted Asta and the other to save the girl. Was it harsh? Yes, but that was the horrible truth of this justice system.

Pure evil, that's the word I used to call (M/N). Did I mean it deep down? Of course not. His eyes were so sad when I said that. I nearly broke my composure. I forgot he absolutely hated that name yet he just accepted it. He smiled as he said he would take on all the punishment. I'm actually mildly glad deep down that the Black Bulls came. That didn't stop them from firing their worst spells at him but he turned out relatively fine. His chest was bleeding but (M/N) look so composed. He was happy to see the Black Bulls.

Then, the royals came and passed on a letter from the Magic Emperor that temporarily cleared (M/N)'s name. Soon, I visited Julius and talked to him. I was relieved he was still his old self despite looking so tiny. He told me to have more trust that the scales would fall in Asta's favour. I told him I wouldn't hesitate to pass judgement onto any of them or even Julius himself.

I simply have to evaluate my feelings and the scales point in my favour.

A/N: Damnatio going soft is something that can't be seen by anyone on the outside. Thanks for reading! As we slowly catch up to the manga point. I'll have special non canon chapters which will be fun. See you soon! Also we're more than 60 chapters in. This is amazing

 This is amazing