Sad Times

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

Quietly, Asta stood up and thanked Ouvern before leaving. I bowed and thanked him too before taking off after Asta. I came out the door to see a portal back and Asta laughing as usual. I smiled at Finral and thanked him for the portal back.

The moment I stepped through, there was lots of different meats on the table. It was time to eat to our hearts content because we were now ranked at zero stars. I fed Charmy and Gauche since she was like my child and Gauche was too busy looking at a picture of Mary so he wanted to be fed occasionally. There was another picture too but he wouldn't let me see it.

I pouted and ate next to Luck who was telling me about how he pranked Magna today which Magna retaliated to. I laughed as usual but I could feel the pain slightly stronger if I laughed too hard. Finral watched me for some reason and I gave him a questioning look before he looked away. He would also just randomly wave.

I saw Asta excuse himself as he went to sit somewhere in the forest. I quietly dropped everything I was doing and followed him. No one would really notice, not even Yami with his Ki. I sat on the ground infront of Asta where I was very close to the edge while Asta sat on the rock. I leaned on his leg as I sighed from the warmth he gave off. A small heater.

Third P.O.V

As Asta and (M/N) sat close to the edge of the cliff, Noelle wondered what was wrong with Asta. Magna mentioned how Asta never got tired yet he said he was. As they were speculating, Finral came over. Everyone became quiet as they listened to him.

"I think I know why, when he was seeing the doctor. I overheard his conversation. Asta's arms can never be returned to normal. They've been turned to dust"

Everyone kept quiet. Even Charmy stopped eating. They looked over to Yami to confirm it and he did since that doctor was the best in the kingdom. Noelle was saddened by this until Finral. Finral bent slightly as his fists trembled at his side.

"Just when I thought I found the perfect teammate. (M/N) isn't in any better condition either. He's in constant pain now, laughing only hurts him more"

The look of disbelief crossed everyone's faces as they stared at Asta on the rock and the little tuff of (H/C) hair that could be seen at the rock. They stared at the two little stars that now had important things taken away from them. They watched the duo until it was nighttime.

Asta suddenly sprung up screaming to life in the sky who had given him a whole lemon tree this time. He yelled how he wouldn't give up. He would find a way. Asta kept screaming to life as he stood on the rock in determination. The one with (H/C) hair sprang up too with a smile on his face, a smile full if determination.

"I'm not giving up either! I will find a cure for Asta!" The boy yelled even though it hurt.

"(M/N) you should be worrying for yourself!" Asta scolded

"No! I want you to get the cure first! It's not fair!"

Asta and (M/N) argued back and foward although (M/N) never raised his voice angrily nor in frustration. They were both determined to help each other until (M/N) burst out laughing. Yami held a proud look while Magna cried at their determination. They had really lit a fire in their hearts. Even Gauche and Finral wanted to help them. Luck smiled but deep down was concerned but they knew they would find a way.
Not just Asta but (M/N) too because some of them may be a bit in love.

It was too early to give up. There had to be a cure in the Kingdom. Vanessa had an idea however it may be too much. She was willing to though for her team. She liked Asta for his determination and (M/N) because he acted as the mom she never had. Even if he was a guy.

Vanessa remembered lots of times with (M/N), when he offered her his drinks, he gave her food and fed her when she was hungover. He helped do her laundry and he was there with a cup of warm milk with honey when she needed comforting. It never mattered the time. He never was angry when he didn't get noticed. He also helped her keep her room clean. He never yelled at her when she pushed his buttons.

Everyone was determined to help Asta and (M/N). Thus, they started planning while the other two were unaware. All of them went to bed that night. (M/N) had other plans than a peaceful rest.

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

I walked through my dream world in search for a particular creature. I could do this if I've mastered the creature and had a good relationship with them. The barren lands started shifting into a thick forest. I trekked through the forest until I heard the growl. There she was. Her height that of the biggest trees, arms all mangled yet forming one coherent arm on each side of her body, the bottom half looking like that of a tree trunk with scars on the wood of her body all over and her face that looked butchered as as the hair turned into branches. She was covered in flowers and vines. The wise old creature, the one that withstood the challenge of time.

'Hello young one, I see you're here for something? What's wrong?'

"I want to find a cure for my friend. I feel like I failed to protect him"

'I see, I suggest you follow that girl, Vanessa. Her mother has the answers you seek but becareful. She'll take advantage of you. I'll be here if you are forced against your will'

"Thank you, you're always so kind"

'That's because I think of you as one of my own'

"I know, thank you. Farewell"

-

I woke up with a gasp and bolted out of my room after getting dressed. I rushed downstairs and realised no one was up yet. I sighed and decided to make breakfast. I fell down on the ground and wheezed in pain. It was getting worse. I guess the adrenaline wore off.

Pulling myself together, I whipped up a yummy breakfast with lots of meat from yesterday. Funny enough, Finral came down first. He sat at the table as I gave him a bowl of rice and meat. It had side dishes too. He thanked me as he dug in.

"Finral, wherever you are going to take Vanessa please take me with you"

A/N: Thank you for reading. Let me know what you think!

 Let me know what you think!