Asta Dispels Enchantments

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

After two days, my bones healed up thanks to the work the healers put in after their initial shock of my presence. They were also mortified that my bones were shattered. It was terrifying how well they did it but I'm not going to question it.

In return, I made them plants and herbs they needed which they were ecstatic about since it was free restock and it was cute of me. I didn't need to but I feel like I might as well since no one else seemed to thank them. They told me I was welcomed back anytime. That got me a bit red and embarrassed.

I remained in my clothes since it still looked decent except the silk shirt was sleeveless and one part of the pants were ripped. I decided to roll up both side to hide the rip so it looked intentional. I still wore the pendant inside my shirt so no one would see it. I heard that Asta was a few rows down so I headed over to them, thanking the healers one last time. I hummed as I walked over there.

"Hello, anyone in here?"

"(M/N), look I'm going to help Marx!"

Asta stated proudly as I nodded and stood by the door. Marx gave me a smile which I returned with a wave as well. Asta excitedly got up and hurried over to me before noticing my appearance. He got a bit red before giving me a thumbs up while I shyly thanked him for. Marx invited me too and I agreed to the situation since an interrogation would be cool to see. Especially with Marx's magic.

I trailed behind Asta as we followed Marx down the tower into the underground. Marx started debriefing the whole situation while Asta had stars in his eyes from how cool this all was. He told us all the children were fine and that the nun called Sister Theresa would wake up soon. He mentioned how they would use our location from the last battle as clues to their hideout. We would get around ten stars for it. I decided to bring up my side of the information that I remembered from crazy girl.

"Oh, there was one member. She mentioned that old location was a previous lab which might be why they had equipment already set up."

"I see, that's helpful, normally there tends to be a link. We'll be on the lookout for that."

Marx's magic lantern trailed next to him on the air came to a stop as Marx stood in front of a large wooden door. Asta and I were thinking of how cool this whole place was. The doors opened and we saw the Magic Emperor, Julius Novachrono. He welcomed us casually with a wave as if he didn't have two people standing behind him that were tied up. Asta's eyes lit up immediately.

"Sorry to bother you when you haven't fully recovered Asta but I thought of you when it came to dispelling the magic of protective charms on the memories of our captives"

"Well Asta is definitely the person for that" I said

"By the way, I heard you fought the head of the enemies so what magic did they use?!"

Asta and I explained to Julius as he went into fanboy mode over magic types. He had shiny eyes as well when we explained imitation magic, beast magic and the salamander. He even cried since he didn't get to see them in person. I decided to make small flames which he was super happy to see. He commented on the blue hue of them. Asta and I were shaken at his sheer passion. Thankfully, Marx reminded Julius of the task at hand. Asta pulled out his sword from his grimoir and used the hilt of the blade to lightly tap both of them.

"N-no don't" The lady begged frantically

"Yeah I will!" Asta replied

Once the curse broke, Marx immediately used his magic to enter their minds. His magic appeared above their heads. They became obedient to answering Marx's questions. We learned a lot about the information of the White Eyes.

Marx opened a communicator to the room with captains. Yami looked insanely mad. My eyes scanned the room and spotted Captain William... something was definitely off. It was wrong like someone was in his body or someone impersonating him.

That reminded me of the Valar Ceremony. I believe he wasn't there even though lots of his teammates were and I believe it was necessary for captains to be there. Our captain just refused to go, he said he had better things to do. I could feel the captains quickly approaching after Marx's announcement. I was right, I could feel his magic and William's didn't match his usual one that I felt at the ceremony. Now that I thought about it, his matched Licht's a bit too well. It wasn't the type but the source of mana coming from the body. We learnt a few things from the captives at least. Right now, I thought he was a different person. I'll be wary of him.

The doors swung open, I shook my head at such a silly thought. In stepped all the captains. I could feel the large overwhelming presence each had but I was barely affected at all. William questioned their presence needing to be here as Asta walked over to stand next to me. I guess he was able to feel the dominant aura of the captains even though he had none. I guess they really were just that strong in presence alone.

"Shrimp, you're working with the telepath?"

"Y-yes, I'm done here now..."

Julius turned towards the two captives as I inched closer to the weird tall guy who looked boneless. He was sweating even though it's still a bit cold especially down here, his right hand twitched ever so slightly too. He didn't notice me as I stood behind him. Julius told the captives to rattle on who the betrayer was.

"The traitor among you, who is it?"

"It's..."

A/N: Thanks for reading! Thank you for the votes and comments!