Hearts

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

Standing at the border, I tried sensing for any difference in mana by sticking out my hands. Correct in my assumptions, I went ahead and stuck them back in my pockets, noting the breezy air on this day. The place was as said, in tune with mana but I didn't expect it to be to such a high degree. It's almost as if the kingdom made itself around nature. I was about to part but I heard a voice.

"Who goes there!"

Taking a few steps back, I blinked in shock but noticed the man still couldn't pinpoint my location. He must be in tune with his senses too. I noted his features. He was quite the handsome man despite the scar on the left side of his face running down his neck. Tall and muscular with his slightly darker skin colour which suited him. The sun glowed when it reached his skin nicely. His hair was spiky and was black in colour. His whole appearance radiated nature vibes to me if that made sense.

"Sorry, I didn't expect to be seen. Don't fret, I'll stay on my side of the border. I'm amazed by how in tune you people are with the nature mana."

Being truthful, I brought my hands up and did a slow twirl to show I was indeed unarmed. The man stepped forward and was quiet for a few seconds, contemplating his next actions. I closed my eyes to try and sense his magic mana which was bright yellow and electrifying. Lightning, suited him well. He finally spoke up.

"I apologise for my rudeness, as long as you stay at your border then we should not have a problem"

"Glad to hear, do you mind if I continue being here. You can make sure nothing bad is happening"

"Not at all" The man responded so I sat cross-legged on the floor. Smiling I stretched my arms and placed my hands on the floor. That area the man was at was blooming under his mana so it was like a mutualistic ecosystem. Both parties win. I noticed the border had some Crimson Orange trees which were definitely unique to say the least. They weren't in bloom however due to the slightly less sunlight they got. Peaking my head up, I pointed at the tree and smiled.

"Do you mind if I grow those? I'll even leave my grimoir locked up in my pocket"

"How would you grow them then? I'll let you do that from your side although the distance is quite far."

"Really?! Thanks!" I beamed, as I lifted one hand out to the tree. The tree began growing their fruits before falling into a slight curve of the branches. Those branches began growing out to me before dropping three Crimson oranges in my hands. Eagerly, I peeled them and began eating them noting their great sweet taste and the slight bitterness. I poured mana into them.

"This is great! You should try one!"

"No, it's fine"

"I insist" Playfully, I tossed the man and orange which he caught. He peeled the skin off and began eating eating it as a small smile bloomed on his face. I grew more and offered them to him which he took. I grew more for myself too. After eating a few oranges, he seemed a bit less tense. I was enjoying myself by just feeling the mana. I decided to grow myself a tree that was a bit soft. I leaned against the tree as I continued to eat my oranges.

"What is your name?"

"I'm (M/N)! I'm a magic knight! How about you?"

"Gadjah, it's hard to believe you are one. You don't give off any mana or presence."

"It's well hidden. I can't switch it on or off though. So what do do?"

"I protect the Kingdom" Gadjah replied as if he had gone back on guard. I told him I was just here to feel the mana and if anything was wrong since I know they were attacked by a demon. This only raised his guard some more but I reassured him I'm not here to attack. I told him about how their Kingdom was lucky that there was no remaining detectable demon magic really. He seemed a but relieved at this.

"You can tell all that by sensing from over there?"

"Yes! I'm very in touch with nature itself. You'd be surprised by how much she praises you compared to our kingdom."

"You can talk to Nature?" Nodding, I stood up and gave him a smile. It seemed as though he knew the ruler on a personal level so that was good to know. His mana was incredibly powerfully strong. I wonder where he got his scare from but it was rude to question such things especially the first time meeting a stranger. Our conversation was relaxed yet formal, he was on guard and I was still eating an occasional orange. It was just too good.

"What is your mana type?"

"Imagination magic, it's really cool and lucky of me to get. Yours is definitely lightning, that's super amazing" I praised as I clapped my hands together. Gadjah left quickly but came back with a two cups of drink. He held them out akwardly since he didn't know how to pass it to me. I grew vines to take it from him and he seemed even more pleasantly surprised.

"I would assume yours is nature since you seem to be connected to it so well"

I explained carefully as possible about my magic type and it seemed Gadjah understood me. He seemed glad I was so trusting. He asked about Nature and what she was like so I tried explaining her appearance as best as I could. We got closer thanks to that talk. He seemed interested in knowing such things. I reminded myself that I had to go soon enough. Apologising, I stood up and lifted myself off the ground to walk over to him and stuck my palm out to him to wave him goodbye

"See you soon, Gadjah!"

His returned the wave with his own, the small smile still on his face.

"You too (M/N)"

A/N: One of my favs is here. Thanks for reading! I'm worried what to do when I run out for chapters to write once I catch up to the manga. Also love the comments

 Also love the comments