Left

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

Leaving the Parliament, I thanked Nozel and Fuegoleon profusely but they told me it was fine. If now was the time to do research about something then I better research too. That's what I did on the first day but the library did not yield any results. I decided to ask Nature for help. I left a sign that night that said not to disturb me unless something important was happening. I went to bed eagerly.

Soon I entered the dream world, I followed the path to Nature as I trekked through the thick forest. She stood at the centre as usual and I climbed onto her lap. She smiled at me and carresed my cheek carefully so her claws wouldn't hit me. She asked for my problem and I told her that I wished to know more about the demons.

"Demons you say? There's a lot to know, let's start with how they come into the world. You see, to possess a body they need a five leaf grimoir but that could change from kingdom to kingdom. The Spade Kingdom has three powerful demons with titles. Lucifero, Megicula and one other. Each demon tends to have magic unique to its own."

"Tell me more please"

"The magic that they each have is powerful. Last time I checked Lucifero had Gravity Magic. Asta has Anti-magic, the demon you fought called Zagred has Word Soul Magic. Megicula I believe has Curse Magic since I heard she cursed the mother of the Silva girl but you must never mention it or you will die. I've been to the heart kingdom after the princess was cursed. Soon, the holder of Megicula will come back to kill her. The last one I've heard uses Bone Magic"

"That's bad! What do they want?"

"To release demons into this world, they want to bring destruction"

"How can they do that?"

"The tree of Qliphoth"

"Where do they get that?"

"The magic your captain has and combining it with the Golden Dawn's Captain will create a gate."

The world around us began collapsing and I trembled in her arms as Nature held closely. I wanted to ask her if more gates could be made but it seems our time was up. She hugged me and kept me close as light filtered into the room. She was telling me to be careful about something and that this would be the last time we would meet in a little while. Chaos would be there for me. I woke up in the water and saw Yami.

"Oh, you're alive."

"Did you really try and drown me?!"

"I knew you would wake up, what, you want a kiss instead?" Yami teased and I would've been red in the face if not for my urgency to write everything Nature said down except the curse on Noelle. Yami noticed my frazzled state but I bolted past him and to my room despite his yelling. I took off my wet shirt and grabbed a towel to dry quickly so I could make sure my hands were dry. I began furiously writing all the things she told me. I heard Yami coming in a few seconds later yelling but I paid no attention until I was fully done.

"Oi Ghost Maid you're possessed or something?!"

"Sorry but is this readable?!" I asked panting while showing Yami the piece of paper with detailed notes. He seemed surprised but concentrated on reading the notes. He kept reading until he was done and told me to make copies. I rewrote the information at least three more times while Yami watched me in silence. My pants were wet and water was pooling under me from being thrown in the bath but that was fine. My hair was dripping. I had a much more important task. I could feel his gaze bearing into me from behind.

"Done! You can stop checking me out now"

"Good job, so that's what you were out for three whole days for. That Nature is useful." Yami came over and took the papers away to put them on my cabinet. Panting, I collapsed onto the floor with my back against my bed. My body wasn't feeling right. It never did when Nature left for a while. I was already suffering. I felt helpless and I felt like being left alone during that time. I couldn't even realise Yami was in my personal space before I felt a cup of water to my lips. Exhausted, I drank it as Yami tilted up the cup slowly before pulling it away and sitting next to me.

"Captain... I need to be left alone please"

"I can't leave you alone when you're freaking out over small stuff lik-"

"Please... I can handle it" My eyes closed as I heard footsteps leaving the room and when my eyes opened it was pitch black. He must've closed the door on his way out. Shakily, I stood up and lit up my lantern before walking over and changing out of my wet clothes. I slumped over to my bed and cried a bit that night. I place a chair under the doorknob so no one would be walking in. When Nature left, that means the barrier between Chaos and I was nonexistent.

Falling asleep, I feel into a dream world. This one wasn't nice. It reminded me of Chaos but now was the time to be strong. I saw it sitting in the middle of the room. I could never describe how it permanently looked, this time was a little girl with black hair and eyes holding a similar cat. It smiled at me and beckoned me over with a wave as fire surrounded me except a clear path to it.

'Now now~ I bring no harm. I'm here to train you and let you choose your new creature. What do you want?'

"What do you... have?"

'Let me tell you all about them~'

"... I'll take that one"

'Great I'll train you how to use it to perfection!'

The torture has only begun.

A/N: It seems now we got to know why (M/N) has pretty strong magic. Also, the immediate pain (M/N) suffers is literally because the barrier between him and Chaos which helps protect him is gone.

 Also, the immediate pain (M/N) suffers is literally because the barrier between him and Chaos which helps protect him is gone