Chapter Sixty-One

Trust Lies In Where Loyalty Fades

I never did truly understand myself. There were times I do, there were plenty of times I don't--but I got through most of them all because I have control. No matter how I would feel, no matter how much I was suppressed, or no matter how much I would struggle--I was fine because I have control of myself and that I know what I must do. Responsibilities have already been long embedded inside me even before I was born. Those tasks were there, they always did. They would never go, like an invisible force of will directing me what should be done and I did-I still do.

Even if it means destroying anything that stands against my path. Right at this very moment though, along with the tingling of the wind, scratching the edges of my pale skin and along with the surrounding heat blending with the scent of blood and metals everywhere, I could feel no rush, no excitement, no anticipation-just pure... contentment. I feel bland even with the layers of magic circle appearing in front of my palm, I feel calm even with the overwhelming energy leaving my body, and I feel pity even with the surrounding barriers absorbing my life force.

Pity for my enemies that struggle for my death. Pity that I must watch them fail over and over again. Pity that I feel sorry for them thinking they deserve it. Pity that I love watching them break before my eyes, making sure the last they see is my figure witnessing their last signs of life. Just like how this huge body of metal plates shattered into tiny pieces at a single blast of my attack. And there I watch everything pour in a slow motion, and it was as pitiful as ever.

I am powerful. I am different. I am special. How long do I have to keep repeating those words again and again so I could finally believe them? I don't consider myself as a liar, but my emotions sometimes create words to make myself seem like one. I am powerful because I know I can do everything I set my mind to. I am different because I am aware how everyone's the same. I am special because of these facts.

Yet being aware of all of what makes me...me is a taxing effort. Which is why I intend to finish everything. All of my plans...the reason why I gathered my aids...I feel now is finally the time and could only wonder how this ends. There are variables I can control and those that I cannot. The people involve in this war, their actions lead to different paths and each path paves an ending. What path will they take? What action will they set into motion? How are they going to kill me?

I knew Titania had something planned up that would be a thorn to my side. I dod expect her to target one of my aids, but to go after my informer of all people? Fińe provides me information, she would travel around in places to places to learn more about my enemies. Her beastman nature especially makes her job a little easier. The fact that she was able to abduct Fińe minding her skills as someone who once worked for the World's Organization, means Titania had meant to target her from the start.

It wasn't particularly hard to pinpoint where Fińe was anyway, considering she would move constantly to gather necessary information, Iyana's army must have had ambushed her. The strange thing was, no matter what the situation is, Fińe should have had been able to escape nor had taken a different path knowing her personal ability which allows her to accurately acquire the exact percentage of success or failure in every action.

Who was it? Who did Titania send to take her? Then there were my other aids. If they had followed my layout, Silverrium should be somewhere waiting while Thana would sneak inside to find the relic. Yes, the relic, Pyramid, should have been the top priority. Before Claudious disappeared, he warned me three things that soon planted a bothersome feeling inside me.

"I have no time left, Ke'ala. I can only tell you three things." He sighed. "Daeva's just the first wave, the Endseekers' wrath has not yet ended. The Grimoire's the only thing that knows the secret of all the relics, you have to get to it before anybody does--especially the Organization."