Chapter Two

Path Of A Fool

"13 seconds." Biglang wika ng Elite sa likuran ko kaya mabilis akong napatingin sa kaniya. I frowned. "It took you exactly 13 seconds to knock her down." I averted my gaze in annoyance at bumalik ang tingin ko sa nakahigang katawan ni Ellise, that girl who claimed to be member of the Rogues.

"Ano ang gagawin natin sa kaniya?" Tanong ko habang pinawala ko ang weapon kong scythe sa magkabilang kamay.

"You defeated her, so you decide." Sagot niya na wala manlang kaisip-isip. As expected of my so-called mentor.

"Well we can't just leave her here." At siguradong alam niya ito. "Can't we take her with us—"

"You must be crazy then."

"Then so be it." She smiled, giving up. Perhaps it was because of this guilt that I can't just leave this girl here.

I tried to reach out for her arm when I stopped midway, I was sensing another batch of emotions coming from the trees. Mabilis silang papunta dito. Are they being sneaky? Agad kong binalik ang tingin ko sa Elite na ngayon ay nakapukos ang mga mata sa kalayuan ng mga kakahuyan.

"It seems we're being surrounded." She stated the obvious, although malayo pa sila kung saan kami.

"We're just running around kung tatakas tayo. Saan ba tayo pupunta?"

Tinaas niya ang isang kamay niya at may madilim na liwanag ang nabuo dito. Then in one snap, something just fell on top of me. Nang kunin ko ito ay nalaman kong isa pala itong itim na cloak, except that energy is embedded so sophisticatedly well from the outside as well on the inside. It was warm when I put it on around me, at ganoon din ang ginawa ko sa nakahigang babae.

"These cloaks will keep us hidden, at least in this darkness." She replied as she covered her head with the hood, kaya ganoon din ang ginawa ko. She must have a massive energy, far than what I expect if she could create like these so easily.

I placed Ellise's arm around my other shoulder at dahil wala siyang malay tiyak na hindi niya ito mararamdaman. It's funny how she's too confident in killing the leader of the Elites when I could knock her down in ten—thirteen seconds. Pero ang bilis niyang gumalaw kanina, hindi lang siguro siya sanay na may mas mabilis pa sa kaniya.

Her movements are too sloppy despite the fact that she has nice figures and was obviously trained. Her strength could at least rival a ranked student back in the Academy but it doesn't seem to me that she had any past experience in fighting. Her decisions on every attacks are too immature. Is she really one of the Rogues? She's very much like me when I was first trained by my sibblings.

I used to believe talent alone can beat even those with experience in fighting, those who put in effort, ito yung kaisipan na may meron nung nakalaban ko si Ulio Argaine, that Exodus underling. I still remember his words as if it was yesterday;

"No matter what kind of inborn talent or power you have, once another person puts in effort, there's no reason for them not to surpass you."

I never expected his words would still live this long inside me, and to be honest, may punto siya sa sinabi niya. He was stronger than most of my past opponents, but it wasn't enough for him to rank up, na kahit anong gawin niya ay hindi makakaya ng pagsisikap ang nakatadhana na sa buhay niya. It was naive of me to think I could do anything with my power alone, when that power couldn't even help stop a friend.

I suddenly stopped walking at tumigil din ang Elite. Napatingin siya sa akin, nagtataka siguro. Pero may kakaiba akong nararamdaman, a mad sense of deja vu engulfed me. The scent of the salt under my nose, the cold breeze roaming the air, and the sound of the waves slapping the sands as if angrily.