Chapter Fifty-Eight

And It Was Her Heart

I tried to prevent it but I wasn't able to that I let out another massive yawn, making everyone's heads turn to me, the speaker up front abruptly stopping in shame. I stood from my swiveling seat, gently sitting on the crystalline table which we were surrounding then grab the holographic tablet. My fingers tapped through the screen, zooming the visuals the cameras were seeing live on the frontline--directing it to the big screen above us.

I directed the vision to one attacker in particular, doing nothing but sit on a pile of bodies of my own people, his huge sword struck on the ground beside him. The target was looking down, waiting. Another group of soldiers came rushing forward, the sound of bullets leaving their own guns raging ablaze the entire platform.

"Light creation magic: Light Shield."

Just with him a word spell, shield made out of bright light emitted around him--reflecting all my soldiers' attacks back to them. My men all fell, adding to the monster's painting in which the ground was filled with the sight of corpses and blood. The camera was hit by one bullet, the static resounding from the screen before shutting off. I snorted, throwing the tablet back on the table.

"And there goes our last drone." Despite the boredom in my voice, I was so sure everyone present was aware of my displeasure. "See why I told you it's useless to attack, Titania?" I almost glared at the woman who was indifferently sitting on her own seat in front of me.

"What are you so worried about, Iyana?" She stood, slowly marching towards me like I was the only person she could see. She's literally been ignoring the rest of the people in this room. "You have the Siegber Nations' support after your massive army aided them on their war against the Alberich Empire plenty of time ago. Not only that, you have the backing of plenty more countries and Kingdoms all over the world as the current figure leading the Regulars for the New Word Order."

I snorted. "Exactly. It's my own people out there that's dying while you and your kind take a step back watching from the sidelines." I refuted, mad now. The rest of the people in the room agreed with a low chattering forming amongst them.

"Oh, Iyana..." Titania's arms snaked around me, hugging me from behind as she inhaled my scent with a sigh. "Did you think Denaricus acquired his power by thinking of his people other than mere numbers?"

"I need those numbers to stay intact--"

"Shh." Her fingers hovered on my lips, her other hand clutching my neck wearily. "Do not go against me, child. You know, deep inside, that you will always follow your heart." I could feel her breath closing on my ear as she whispered, "...and your heart just happened to be securely held in mine."

I gritted my teeth before finally returning to my usual poker expression. "Of course, Titania."

"Now, let's get this over with." She lifted my chin to the left, making me turn towards her. "Silverrium's main source of energy is the sun. We have been throwing him numbers of your people relentlessly since yesterday. Once the sun is out, we will strike. The demon is exhausted, why do you think he's just waiting around?"

"We can't just assume that!" One of my Battalion Commander said, slamming his fists on the table. "None of our drones have yet seen the other target. If she's a demon just like Silverrium--"

"The other target is moving drastically around. We've been receiving reports since last night about a single woman annihilating a whole platoon." One woman reminded, carefully examining the holographic map of the entire Southern Territory's terrain.